All about the ParaPro
ParaPro testing is an examination created by the ETS or the Educational Testing Service to determine whether present as well as aspiring education professionals are fit to teach. You will find that there are many people who do not know what paraprofessionals are but if you are thinking about taking this exam, then you probably know that it means instructional assistants, assistants or aides of a teacher. To work in this capacity, you need to be certified that you have the knowledge and skills for the same. This examination is one of the commonly preferred tests for certification that has been approved by the government. As of now, this examination is also provided in one language and that is English.
Features of ParaPro
There are certain features about the ParaPro testing that you need to be aware of so that you can understand the examination better and this will help you prepare for the same. Given below are the points that you need to be aware of about this exam:
- There are three sections in this examination and these are Writing, Mathematics and Reading. The Writing test will examine your grammar, punctuation, word usage and spellings; Mathematics will assess your knowledge and skills in Geometry, Algebra and Number Sense; and the Reading test will examine your ability to understand and interpret the content that has been provided. The test will measure your knowledge on these subjects and find out whether you are able to use your skills and apply what you know to assist a teacher in a classroom. Needless to say, you need to prepare for these subjects properly and score high in them so that you will have better chances of getting chosen for the job.
- You will have the option of taking the test on a computer or on paper. This depends on what you are more comfortable with. If you are not very good at operating a computer, then you can consider opting for the paper-based version.
- The ParaPro testing is a timed exam, where you will be given 2.5 hours to complete all the sections. It is important that you are fast and answer all the questions within this time period because you will not be given any additional time.
- The questions that you will find here will be in multiple-choice format, with each question having five answer alternatives.
- You will need to pay a fee for the purpose of taking this test and the amount is $50. Keep in mind that this fee is not refundable in case you choose not to take this test after registration.
- If you are planning to take the exam on paper then you need to know that it is offered only six times in each testing year. Of course, you will find that the internet-based ParaPro testing is offered frequently all year round.
- For those of you who will be taking the paper-based exam, you will need to register for the same beforehand. On the other hand, if you will be taking the computer-based version then you need not register for it in advance. You will need to get in touch with the administrative office in your district to find out whether this option is available or not because the test is offered only in specific school districts.
- The test centers for the paper-based exam will be chosen by you. You can refer to the official website of the examination (http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/ParaPro_Assessment/lists/parapro_tc_ac.html) to learn about the testing locations near you. In case you would prefer to take the computer-based examination, then you will have to contact the administrative office in your district to find out about the participating school districts that offer computer-based testing.
- If you take the online test, you will be able to see your score instantly on the computer screen but the official result will be sent to your mailing address in about two weeks from the date of the exam. In case you will be taking the test on paper, you will receive the result in your mailing address in about four weeks from the date of the examination.
- There is no qualifying score as determined by the creator of this test (ETS). However, each district or state has set its own passing score. You can get in touch with the administrative office located in your district for more information on this.
As with any exam, it is important that you study for the ParaPro testing properly so that you will be able to get a high score. Now that you know what this examination is all about, you can start taking necessary actions to prepare for the same.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page