ParaPro Praxis Test
Who should Take the ParaPro and Why?
The ParaPro Praxis test is an exam, which is conducted for paraprofessionals who are presently engaged in this profession and those who are keen to pursue their career in this field. By taking this test, it is possible for the candidates to prove their skills and abilities in this field and pursue a career with success. On the other hand, the Praxis series of tests allow the test takers to demonstrate their proficiencies for obtaining an opportunity to work as teachers. Both the tests measure the general skills of the test takers in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
The Praxis Series and the Parapro Praxis test compliment each other in the same way as paraprofessionals and teachers work in close association while delivering lessons in the classroom. Therefore, the candidates of both these tests must fulfill their requirements in the subjects that help to uncover their abilities in an appropriate manner.
The Eligibility and Reasons for Taking ParaPro Test
Who should consider taking the ParaPro test and what can be the reasons for the same? Let us analyze in the following points:
- The ParaPro test can be taken by those candidates who are already pursuing their career as paraprofessionals. Similarly, the test is also meant for those who are enthusiastic in beginning their career in the same field.
- The Parapro Praxis test offers an excellent opportunity to the candidates to demonstrate their knowledge and their understanding of the basic concepts in Reading, Writing and Mathematics.
- Along with their theoretical knowledge in Reading, Writing and Mathematics, the candidates are required to know how to implement those skills in classroom settings. In this respect, the ParaPro and Praxis Series correspond with each other as teachers need to work with paraprofessionals in classroom instruction.
- The ParaPro test should be taken by existing and upcoming paraprofessionals as it is the only option for them to prove their skills and abilities so that they can think of pursuing a career in this field.
- The convenience of taking the Praxis ParaPro test is that there are no passing scores that should be obtained by the candidates. However, in order to choose a career of a paraprofessional, the candidates must attain the qualifying score according to school and district requirements.
- The ParaPro test should also be taken because the procedures of the test pertains to professional measurement community and also align with the Standards for Quality and Fairness devised by ETS. For more information regarding this, the candidates must log on to https://www.ets.org/s/about/pdf/standards.pdf.
The Test Sections: ParaPro
What are the sections of ParaPro Praxis test? The following points should be noted by the candidates:
- Reading Skills and Knowledge
- Application of Reading Skills and Knowledge
- Mathematics Skills and Knowledge
- Application of Mathematical Skills and Knowledge
- Writing Skills and Knowledge
- Application of Writing Skills and Knowledge
A Short Glimpse of ParaPro Test
Having discussed the reasons for which ParaPro test, which is held to satisfy the norms of the Federal Legislation called No Child Left Behind Act, let us focus on the basic features of this test:
- The ParaPro Praxis test consists of 90 multiple-choice questions and the duration of this test is two and half hours. The candidates are required to attempt 18 and 12 questions in the sections that measure the basic and application skills of the test takers.
- The test takers have the convenience of choosing to appear for any of the formats in which the ParaPro test is delivered. The Test can be taken in Online and Paper-based formats. While it is possible for the test takers to take the Online tests several times within a year and the Paper-based tests only six times each year.
- The scores of the test are available within two to four weeks depending on the format of the test that has been taken by the candidates.
Thus, the Praxis ParaPro test must be taken by the candidates for the best reasons that have already been discussed above and also because it is the only opportunity for paraprofessionals to prove their abilities for a successful career.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page