How to Score High in the ParaPro Praxis?
To become a paraprofessional, you need to show that you have the skills and knowledge to act in this capacity. There are many requirements for this type of job and one of them can be taking a state approved certification exam. The ParaPro Praxis is one type of tests offered by the government that you can consider. It can be computer-based or paper-based, depending on which one you prefer. You need to know that if you want to take the examination on paper, then it will only be offered six times in each exam year. Of course, the computer-based version is offered all year round so you can take the same whenever you want. Once you decide to opt for this certification, you need to start preparing for the test effectively so that you can get a high score.
What is ParaPro Praxis?
The ParaPro is a multiple-choice type test taken by paraprofessionals that consists of three sections: Writing, Reading & Mathematics. You will be given a period of 150 minutes to complete all the questions in the exam and it is vital that you are fast because you will not be given any additional time. It will give you a certification that will help you grow as a teacher's aide or assistant. On the other hand, the Praxis is a series of exams that is taken by prospective teachers. This test is forms a part of the certification procedure that has been made mandatory by many states and also by professional licensing firms.
Getting a High Score in ParaPro
There are certain points that you should remember and utilize at the time of preparing for the ParaPro Praxis so that you will be able to get a good result. Here are the steps that you should refer to, for the purpose of getting a good score:
- Before you do anything else, it is important for you to understand what this examination is all about and what is the format and structure of it. Always keep in mind that you can study for this test effectively, only if you know what to expect in it.
- You have to realize the importance of taking professional help for the ParaPro Praxis. If you want to obtain the result that you are expecting, then you need to make sure that you are taking the help of a guide book or an online course to prepare for the test. Through the exam prep option that you choose, study for the same effectively. You can also consider opting for a local coach to give you training classes, if you prefer to study with an expert on a one-on-one basis.
- A very vital tip that you cannot ignore is that you need to work on the practice tests on a regular basis. There are many websites that offer free sample tests to candidates and when you use these tests, you will be able to find out how well you have performed immediately. The site you use will assess the answers you have selected and it will tell you the number of questions that you have answered correctly. This will not just give you a clear idea about what to expect in the actual examination but it will also train you to complete all the questions on time. You need to time yourself because the ParaPro Praxis has a time limit within which all the questions have to be completed.
- Ensure that you are preparing for the examination every day. Studying only few days a week will not be sufficient because your mind needs to familiarize itself with the contents of the test daily so that it can retain the same on the day of the exam. It is best if you can set out some time everyday and prepare for this test without getting distracted during this time period.
- You can consider joining an education forum online where candidates talk about this examination. Here, individuals come together and share information and tips on the ParaPro.
The ParaPro Praxis is not a tough nut to crack, though many people may say otherwise. As long as you are willing to work hard for it, there is no reason why you cannot obtain a high score in it. There are plenty of study options available in the market with the help of which you can study for the test and you just need to choose a prep tool that will suit you the most. You can then start your preparation and use the tips given above to help you score high in the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page