Advantages of Being ParaPro Certified
In order to get a good job as a teacher's aide, you need to prove that you have the knowledge and skills to act in this capacity. Always remember that there is fierce competition for this kind of job position and if you want to get selected, then you should have something the others may not have. The test is something that can help you because it will certify that you have the skills and knowledge to be a teacher's assistant. You will not just have to take the exam but you will also need to score high in the same so that you will be preferred over the other candidates who apply for the job. Before you do anything else, it is important to find out why you should take this examination and what benefits are associated with it.
Benefits of the ParaPro Test
You need to be aware of the benefits that are associated with the certification so that you will be even more determined to take this exam. Here are some of the advantages that you need to be aware of:
- The most important reason why you should consider taking this test is because it will help you get a good job. For instance, if you apply for a job as a teacher's assistant then you need to know that there are many other applicants too. If you want to be better than them, you need to show that you are the best person for the job and this is where the test will help you. When you get a high score in it, you will be preferred over the other candidates and this will increase your chances of getting chosen.
- This is an official certificate that is provided by the state, proving that you have the skills and knowledge to work as a teacher's aide or assistant. With this document, your career prospect will be brighter as it will open many opportunities for you. Many paraprofessional jobs require the candidates to have this certification so you will certainly benefit when you take the test.
- Through this exam, you will also be able to get a good idea about whether you have the skills to work as a paraprofessional or not. If you do not have the skills, then you can consider switching your career because there is no use pursuing something that you do not have the skills for.
More on ParaPro
Here are some of the features of this test that you need to know before you take the exam:
- The test can be taken online or on paper, depending on your preference. If you choose the paper-based version, you need to know that it is available only six times a year. The internet-based version is available all through the year in selected school districts only and more information on this can be obtained by getting in touch with the administrative office in your region.
- The questions that you will find here will be in the form of multiple-choice questions, with each question having five answer options. Do keep in mind that about 2/3rd of the questions will test your knowledge on all the three subjects (Mathematics, Reading & Writing) of this exam, while the remaining 1/3rd questions will focus on how you will use your knowledge in the classroom atmosphere.
- This is a timed test, where you will have to complete all the questions within 2.5 hours. It is necessary that you finish all the questions before the deadline because you will not be given any additional time.
- The scores of each of the sections will be calculated separately and you can see the unofficial scores as soon as you complete the test on the computer screen, if you take the internet-based exam. The official result will be mailed to your address in two weeks time. If you are taking the paper-based test, you will get your result only after four weeks from the date of the examination.
The certification is important; there is no denying this fact. If you want to get a good job as a paraprofessional, then you need to get a good score in this exam. The more you score, the higher will be your chances of getting chosen for the job.