MCAT Testing History (THx) System
What is MCAT Testing History?
As you may already be aware, the Medical College Admission Test is a common test that all the candidates who wish to study medicine have to take in order to get admission into a good medical school. MCAT testing history is your history on this particular test. Basically,THx MCAT is meant for the purpose of transferring the scores you have obtained in this test to the various medical schools and other institutes for free.
What is the Use of THx MCAT?
When you apply to any medical school, they will be able to get your testing history via a system called the THx MCAT. This means that the potential colleges that you apply to will not just get your highest score but the other scores as well (if you have taken more than one MCAT test). What it means is that you cannot just take this test to practice one or more times so that you can get the perfect score. If you score low in any of the attempts you have made, the scores of the same will be sent to the colleges you apply to. This is the reason why many people choose to prepare months in advance so that they will only have one good score in this system.
Previously, if a candidate did not score high he was able to withhold the same as his score report contained only the number of tests he had taken and it did not inform the medical schools of the previous scores. This is one option that is not available anymore because of the THx system.
Features of THX MCAT
- With this system, it is possible for you to see your recent score(s) without paying any money.
- The THx MCAT will send all your test scores to the medical schools that you have applied to. This means that you will not be able to conceal any low score you have obtained previously.
- You can access this system by creating an account with AAMC by following this link: https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/
- It is possible for you to get your score in the THx system in about 30 to 35 days after the date of the test.
- For those candidates who have taken the test after March 2003, all the scores will be sent to the medical colleges they wish to apply to.
Do Keep in Mind...
There may be some cases when you have sent the scores to the medical
colleges but they may not have received it. In such a situation, the
first thing you need to do is check the test site.
It could be that the status is still pending as it can take up to two
days for the process to be completed. On the other hand, if it shows
that it is complete you need to get in touch with the school or
application service to determine whether someone from the
administration can upload your scores by logging into the database. One
thing you need to know is that the result of the test
is valid only for two or three years. If you apply to a medical school
with a score that is over three years old, they may ask you to take the
test again and provide them with the latest score.
It is best if you get in touch with those schools that you wish to
apply to and find out what their policies are regarding admissions.