MCAT Test Dates
MCAT Test Dates that You Should Consider
MCAT is an examination, which is an integral part of the admission process in medical schools and is administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges or AAMC. The scores of MCAT are considered by all medical schools in United States and several schools in Canada. The test is offered many times within a year beginning from late January until early September at the designated centres in USA and Canada and also in fifteen international locations. Those students who are keen to join the health professional schools are eligible to take MCAT. Those students who are not keen to join the health professional schools or those who are presently engaged in a medical course should ask for special permission for taking MCAT. The health professional schools include the following:
- Veterinary Medicine
The students can take this test thrice during a year but register for one test at a time. International students should fulfil the eligibility criteria of MCAT before taking this test. However, international students who are already enrolled in MBBS course can take MCAT without requesting for special permission.
Dates for MCAT 2012
As far as MCAT test dates are concerned, the students should take the test in the same year to which they apply in the medical schools. For instance, if a student has applied in a medical school in 2012 for the course beginning in 2013, MCAT should be taken in 2012. The students should register early to get their preferred dates and centres. The international sites follow separate testing schedules for 2012 based on the location. The following MCAT test dates are applicable for 2012:
- For MCAT to be held on Saturday, March 24, 2012, the regular registration closes on March 10, 2012 and late registration closes on March 17, 2012.
- The next MCAT test dates are scheduled on Thursday, April 5, 2012 and Friday, April 13, 2012 and on Saturday, April 28, 2012. The regular registration for these MCAT test dates close on March 22, March 30 and April 14, 2012 respectively and the late registration closes on March 29, April 6 and April 21 respectively.
- The MCAT test dates for May 2012 falls on Saturdays, May 12 and 19 and Thursdays, May 24 and 31. The regular registration for these dates get over on April 28, May 5, May 10 and May 17 respectively and the late registration process closes on May 5, May 12, May 17 and May 24 respectively.
The Test Dates that should be Considered by the Students
Those students who intend to take MCAT for securing admission to the medical schools in USA and Canada should consider the following before choosing the MCAT test dates:
- If a student has applied to a medical school in 2012, for the 2013 program, MCAT test dates should be chosen in 2012.
- The students should select a test date after reviewing the application deadlines. For instance, a student should refrain from taking MCAT in September if he/she has to meet application deadlines.
- It is necessary to select those test dates that allow the students to receive their scores based on the application deadlines.
- The application requirements vary for different schools and their admission procedures. Therefore, the students should choose dates only after reviewing the application deadlines properly in those schools that they intend to apply. It is possible to get information about medical schools and their application dates and deadlines from the database of Medical School Admission Requirements or contact the schools directly.
The students can only register online for taking MCAT and they will get an immediate confirmation about the test dates. Choosing the appropriate test date constitutes the most important step for scoring well in MCAT as it allows the students to have sufficient time for preparation.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page