MCAT Registration 2012
MCAT Registration Deadlines for 2012
Having a competitive and valid MCAT score is a must if you are seeking admission to almost all the Medical schools in the United States and Canada. And, it requires systematic planning, study, and hard work for you to succeed. However, equally important is that you learn everything possible about the exam and register yourself on time so as not to miss any deadlines or spoil a chance. MCAT registration rules and deadlines are quite strict! Here is all you need to know about MCAT registration 2012.
When to Register for MCAT?
You are required to take the MCAT exam in the same year in which you plan to apply for Medical school admission. Ever since the test became computer-based in 2007, there are more administrations every year from late January to early September, across multiple test centers including international locations. For 2012, there are 25 administrations of the exam scheduled. Registrations are open in two batches-the first batch for the late January to May schedule and the second batch for the June to early September administrations. Accordingly, you can register in the previous year only, if you are planning to take a winter or spring MCAT administration.
Pointers to MCAT Registration
Registration can only be done online using the MCAT Registration module at https://services.aamc.org/20/mcat/. You could use your AAMC credentials to log in to the MCAT registration module.
- While registering, you need to provide your contact details, background information, etc. and choose a date and location from the list shown.
- Payment should be made while registering, and your seat is not confirmed unless the payment is successful.
- Early registrations (prior to 60 days of the test administration date) are recommended by AAMC, as this could ensure you get the preferred date and location. For example, the MCAT registration 2012 started on October 12, 2011 for the late Jan through May administrations.
- Late registration (with late fee) allows for last minute decisions-you could register up to seven days before the test administration date.
MCAT Registration 2012
For this year, two administrations of the test are already completed on 27th and 28th of January for US and Canada. The next one is scheduled on 24th March, as a morning administration. The MCAT Registration 2012 schedule, time, deadlines, and score release dates for US and Canada are available at the following web locations:https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/261800/deadlineandscorerelease.html https://www.aamc.org/students/download/258544/data/2012mcatexamschedulefortheunitedstatesandcanada.pdf
Here are the important dates and deadlines for MCAT registration 2012:
- Initial registrations for 2012 started on October 12, 2011, almost three and a half months prior to the first test administration date (January 27, 2012).
- MCAT registration 2012 is now open for all the remaining first batch test administrations through May 2012.
- MCAT registration 2012 for all the second batch administrations (June through September 2012) are not open yet. You need to wait to register, if you are planning to take the exam sometime between June and September 2012. However, the exam dates and the registration deadlines are fixed.
- Regular MCAT registration 2012 for each of the administrations closes 14 days prior to the test administration date. That is, for the August 23rd administration of the exam, regular registrations close on August 9, 2012.
- Late registrations close seven days prior to the MCAT test administration date. For example, for the April 23rd administration of the MCAT test, the late registration deadline is August 16, 2012.
- Cancellation or rescheduling of any registered exam can be done up to 14 days before the actual test administration date (by 11:59 p.m. ET). That is, if you need to cancel/reschedule the March 24th exam administration, to which you have already registered, you can cancel it up to March 10, 2012. However, if you need to reschedule it to another date in June 2012 or later, you need to cancel it before the cancellation deadline and then wait for the next batch registrations to open, as of now.
- Rescheduling of an MCAT registration 2012 to a date in 2013 is not possible. Rescheduling is allowed within the same calendar year only.
- For MCAT 2012 dates, you do not get the waitlist option for a particular test administration.
- MCAT 2012 schedule for international administrations are available at: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/148106/reserving_internationaltesting2012.html
- As always, the MCAT registration 2012 deadlines are very strict-despite the day the fall. For example even if a registration deadline falls on a Sunday or a National Holiday, the deadline remains the same.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page