Different MCAT Registration Options
Once you have decided to appear for MCAT, it is a good idea to register early for it, since seats in the MCAT test locations are limited. But, registering for MCAT can be a daunting task if you do not know the process for registration. Moreover, before you register for MCAT ensure that you fulfill all the requirements for registration. The process of MCAT register is discussed in the following sections.
Homework to Be Done Before Registration!
Prior preparation is essential before you begin your MCAT register process. Hence, before you start registering ensure that you have the following things ready:
- Select the test date first, since it is the most important detail that you will have to mention it in your registration form.
- While selecting the test date ensure that it does not clash with the admission applications deadlines of the medical schools you wish to apply in.
- Select a few convenient test centers. You should select more than one, because if AAMC is unable to get you a seat in the test center that is most convenient to you, then they will know which of the other centers you prefer and then assign a seat for you accordingly.
- Before you begin to register you should have a valid identity proof and credit card ready.
Registering for MCAT can still be confusing if you do not know the examination dates and the last dates for registration. Some of the dates and the process for MCAT register are discussed in the following section.
Register for MCAT
Before you start registering for MCAT you should know that online registration is the only process by which you can register for MCAT. Hence, you will need a valid credit card for payment of your registration fees and an e-mail i.d. for further correspondence. You can register by logging in the official website, https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/, or by clicking on the following link: https://services.aamc.org/20/mcat/ . Here you will have to create a log in i.d. and password. This i.d. and password will be required again when you want to access your MCAT score. This, i.d. and password will also be necessary for all further correspondence with AAMC. You should register early for MCAT if you wish to avoid paying hefty late fine. The registration process opens nearly 12 weeks before the date of the examination and closes 7 days before the MCAT test date. But if you register 7 days before the examination then you will have to pay a late fee of $70 ($80 for international candidates) along with the $240 registration fee.
Thus, before you start registering you should know the MCAT test dates. Some of the MCAT test dates and the last dates for MCAT register for the year 2012 are as follows:
- In the month of January MCAT will be held on the 27th and 28th and the last dates of registration are 13th and 14th of January, respectively.
- In the month of March MCAT will be held on the 24th and the last date for registration is 17th march.
- In the month of April MCAT will be held on the 5th, 13th and 28th and the last dates of registration are March 22nd, March30th and April 14th, respectively.
- In the month of May MCAT will be held on the 12th, 19th, 24th and 31st and the last dates of registration are April 28th, May 5th, May 10th and May 17th, respectively.
- In the month of June MCAT will be held on the 21st and the last date of registration is June 7th.
- In the month of July MCAT will be held on 6th, 14th, 26th and 27th and the last dates of registration are June 22nd, June 30th , July 12th and July 13th , respectively.
- In the month of August MCAT will be held on 3rd, 4th, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd and the last dates of registration are July 20th, 21st, 27th , August 2nd , 3rd and 9th , respectively.
- In the month of September MCAT will be held on 1st, 6th, 7th, 11th and the last dates of registration are August 19th, 23rd, 24th, 28th respectively.
Based on the afore-mentioned list you can decide a test date that is convenient for you and begin the registration process. Thus, for MCAT register you need to prepare some time ahead and then the process will become easier. So register for MCAT and start preparing for the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page