MCAT Practice Books
How to Make the Most of MCAT Practice Books
The MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) is a technical test that requires a student to have a lot of scientific knowledge. It is therefore imperative that the students study from the best, and make the most of, the MCAT practice books that are available today.
This is a List of a Few Good MCAT Practice Books:
1. The Gold Standard MCAT by Dr. Brett Ferdinand MD:
The Gold Standard MCAT is one of the most comprehensive MCAT practice books available. This book covers all the different sections of the MCAT. Along with a study guide, the book also has a guide that helps students decipher their scores. The mode of instruction in the book is very interesting, and complicated scientific matter has been made easy with the use of diagrams and illustrations. The book contains a chapter on reviewing the Verbal Reasoning section of the MCAT while another chapter is dedicated to a 'Five minute, Five step' instruction for the Writing Sample section. The book is a good overall MCAT guide.
2. The Silver Bullet: Real MCATs Explained by Dr. Brett Ferdinand MD:
This is another book from the collection of the Gold Standard Company`s MCAT prep books. This is one of the MCAT practice books that are a combination of MCAT concepts along with MCAT practice tests for MCAT prep. The book contains answers and explanations to the real AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) questions and exams. It caters to all the sections of the MCAT along with suggestions and tips and memorization techniques. This book is a good addition to your MCAT prep resources.
3. Kaplan MCAT Review: Complete 5-Book Series:
As the name suggests, the Kaplan MCAT review is a series of MCAT practice books that help in reviewing and understanding all the sections and aspects of the MCAT. The Kaplan Company is a very well-known test prep company that is keenly involved in publishing also. This book is one of the many MCAT practice books from the makers of the Kaplan books. This is a comprehensive guide to better your preparation for the MCAT.
4. Cracking the MCAT by Princeton Review:
Cracking the MCAT is one of the MCAT practice books from the Princeton Review. The book provides all the necessary information about the key concepts of the MCAT. The book contains a guide to the reference material for the MCAT. This book is very comprehensive and encompasses all sections of the MCAT to give a student a complete overview of all aspects of the MCAT.
5. Kaplan MCAT Practice Tests:
Kaplan MCAT Practice tests is a compilation of MCAT practice tests. The Kaplan Company claims that these are the real tests that the students will come across on the day of their MCAT examination. This compilation is another one of the famous publications by the Kaplan test-prep company. There are six editions to this book but obviously the latest edition i.e. the 6th edition contains the recent test papers of the MCAT along with explanations of the answers. This is a good resource for students who are planning to extensively practice for the MCAT.
Following are a few tips to help you make the most out of the MCAT practice books:
- Solve the official prep tests before buying a book so that you know your requirements from a book. The original prep tests are available at the AAMC website at the link https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/85158/orderingpracticetests_mcat.html.
- Buy books after thorough research so that you get what you want out of the MCAT practice books.
- Take ample feedback from fellow students and do reference study but at the end, collate everything to study in the way that works best for you.
- The books will not teach you anything if you do not study them well and practice the material provided in them. So, the only fool-proof way of a successful MCAT prep through the MCAT practice books is practicing the questions over and over again.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page