Official pdfs You Must Download
MCAT or the Medical College Admission Test is an entrance test that all candidates aspiring to study medicine in schools of USA and Canada have to appear for. Your MCAT and GPA scores are the two most important things a medical school will take into account while considering your application. You have to appear for MCAT if you wish to study Allopathic, Osteopathic, Podiatric or Veterinary medicine. But, before you start preparing for MCAT you should go through the official website which is as follows: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/. If you go through the website you will come across a number of files or MCAT pdf which you should download and read to know more about the examination. Some of the links and what they consist of are given in the following sections.
MCAT pdfs to be Downloaded
The pdfs that you come across in the official MCAT website are designed to help you prepare for MCAT and give you an idea of what the examination comprises. Some of the MCAT pdf along with an explanation of their content are given below:
- https://www.aamc.org/students/download/258546/data/2012mcatessentials.pdf : If you download this MCAT pdf and go through it you will get all the details regarding the upcoming MCAT. This file will give you details regarding:
- the subjects that you will be tested in MCAT
- the registration procedure
- things you require on the day of the examination
- the scoring process and how to access your MCAT score
- https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85562/data/ps_topics.pdf This MCAT pdf comprises the topics that you will have to study while preparing for the Physical Sciences section of MCAT. The Physical Sciences section is designed to test your basic knowledge of Chemistry and Physics. Thus, to help you prepare, AAMC has outlined the main topics and sub topics that you will be tested on the in Physical Sciences MCAT, in this pdf.
- https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85566/data/bstopics.pdf This MCAT pdf consists of the topics that you need to cover while preparing for the Biological Sciences section of MCAT. The Biological Sciences section of MCAT is designed to test your basic knowledge of Biology and Organic Chemistry. If you go through this pdf you will get a clear idea of all the topics and subtopics that you need to study in order to do well in this section of MCAT.
- https://www.aamc.org/students/download/85564/data/vstopics.pdf This MCAT pdf will help you prepare for the Verbal Reasoning section of MCAT. The Verbal Reasoning section is designed to test your analytical skills. Here you will have to read the given passages and analyze them. Based on the analysis you will have to make a judgment and answer the questions accordingly. If you go through this pdf you will come across all the skills that you will need to develop in order to answer the questions in this section of MCAT.
The afore-mentioned list provides you with an insight into the MCAT examination. Other than these links there are a few others available on the official MCAT website that will help you prepare further for the examination. Some of those links are discussed in the following section.
Further Help for Preparing for MCAT
MCAT is an examination in which you can excel only with proper preparation and diligence. In the official website itself you will come across many tools that will help you do so. Some of those links that will help you in your preparation are as follows:
- If you wish to know how to prepare your MCAT study schedule then click on the following link:
- If you wish to order MCAT practice tests then click on the following link: The first of these tests are available free of cost while you can buy the remaining by paying $35 for each test.
The afore-mentioned links provide students with valuable tips and pointers to help them prepare for MCAT. While preparing for MCAT you should also purchase 'The Official Guide to the MCAT Exam' by paying $30 (you can pay online) and go through it so that you have a thorough knowledge of the examination.
Hence, when you start preparing for the examination you should go through all the material available on the official website and then decide the method of preparation that satisfies all your requirements.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page