2012 MCAT Dates
When Should You Take the MCAT in 2012
All prospective medical school students have to appear for the MCAT if they wish to get admission in any college of USA or Canada. Hence, for the convenience of students AAMC holds this exam several times from January to September at various testing centers all over the world. To help you select 2012 MCAT dates some things you should consider are discussed in the following sections.
Things to Remember While Selecting test dates of 2012
Although, there are a number of dates to choose from yet, you should take into account the following points while selecting a test date:
- The test dates that you select should not clash with your admissions deadline. If you wish to get admission in the year 2013 then you should appear for this exam in anytime from January to August.
- While selecting test dates, ensure whether the medical schools that you wish to apply in allow rolling admissions or not. If it is allowed then you can consider appearing for the exam conducted in September so that even if you miss the spring session your application will be considered for the fall session.
- You should appear for the examination only if you are sufficiently prepared for it. Thus, if you feel that April or May dates for the exam will not give you sufficient time to prepare for it properly then you should consider appearing for it in June or July.
- Most students will prefer June or July dates, since it will give them sufficient time to prepare for the examination, as well as, time to retake the examination if the score is not up to the mark.
- While selecting your exam date keep in mind whether you wish to appear for the examination on a weekend or on a weekday and whether you want to appear for it in the morning or in the afternoon.
Thus, based on the afore-mentioned list you should select your exam dates of 2012. While selecting the dates remember that MCAT is a 5 ½ hrs long examination, but it will take up nearly whole of the day. Hence you should not have anything important scheduled on that day. To help you select a suitable test date some dates are mentioned in the following section.
Some MCAT Dates
Selecting a good date is absolutely essential if you wish to fare well in the examination. If you are appearing for the exam from the USA then you can consider the following dates:
- In the month of April the exam will be held on the 5th, 13th and 28th.
- In the month of May the exam will be held on the 12th, 19th, 24th and 31st.
- In the month of June the exam will be held on the 21st.
- In the month of July the exam will be held on the 6th, 14th, 26th and 27th.
You can now select a date from the afore-mentioned list. If you want a complete list of dates the click on the following link: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/261800/deadlineandscorerelease.html
The dates for the exam in countries other than the USA are discussed in the following section.
Some More Exam Dates
To allow candidates all over the world a fare chance to study in medical schools of the USA and Canada, AAMC holds the examination in a number of centers all over the world. Some of them are as follows:
- In Australia, the exam will be held on January 27th and 28th, April 5th and 13th as well as on May 19th, 24th and 31st.
- If you come from France then you can appear for the exam on April 13th or on May 12th.
- The exam will be held in Germany on April 13th, 2012.
- In Israel, the exam will be held on 4 days, viz, January 27th, April 5th and May 24th and 31st.
If you need a complete list of dates then click on the following link: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/148106/reserving_internationaltesting2012.html
Thus, based on the above mentioned list you can now select the most suitable date and register for it and start preparing for the examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page