Means of Registration for LSAT
Registration is the first step in taking up the LSAT exam. LSAT exam is conducted by Law School Admission Council or the LSAC.
There are different ways by which one can register LSAT test.
- Online Registration
- Telephone Registration
- Mail-in Registration
- Online Registration- Online registration is the simplest and easiest method of registration. To register LSAT online, one needs to have an account with LSAC. Once the LSAC account is registered, additional facility of receiving the LSAT score by LSAC email account is provided. LSAC has set up Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS) for online LAT registration. While opening the account one needs to provide personal and academic information. During registration itself one can give the law school choices and LSDAS will send the LSAT score, credentials and the writing sample directly.
- Telephone Registration One can register for the LSAT by phone as well. One can register at this number 215.968.1001.
- Mail-in Registration Registration by mail is the third option. The mail address is LSACinfo@LSAC.org. Before filling in the application, the following details have to be kept ready as no detail can be left blank. The personal details one needs to furnish to register LSAT are Social Security Number(SSN), Address, Zip/Postal Code, Email id, Contact numbers, Candidate referral Service, Credit Card Details, Citizenship and Family Details. On the academic side, Cumulative GPA of the undergraduate course has to be filled. For foreign candidates SSN is not applicable. To register LSAT test the following points have to be considered before filling in the application.
- Testing Dates The LSAT test is not conducted throughout the year. It is conducted only 4 times in a year. It is administered in the months of February, June, October and December. Before filling up the registration form one needs to decide on the month he/she will take up the test. Usually February test results will not be considered for admission for that academic year as the selection process is completed by the law schools before the test results are announced.
- Fees for registration The registration fees for the US and Canada are different. The basic registration fees for the US are $263. This includes the LSAT test fee and the Credential Assembly Services fee. In Canada the fee for registration for LSAT test is Canadian $144. Apart from these basic fees, auxiliary fees are also there. The auxiliary fees include late registration fee and other such fees. The fees can be paid by checks or money order payable at Law School Admission Council or Visa, MasterCard, American Express, DISCOVER credit cards. Cash is not accepted.
- Availability of dates While filling the application one must be clear about the date on which he/she plans to take up the test. Since each center has limited seats for a particular date, alternate testing dates must also be planned. This link gives the testing dates www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines.asp.
- Alternate testing centers A testing center closest to one's place must be chosen. An alternate center must also be planned since limited seats are only available. Some centers offer a different date for Sabbath day. If one is a Sabbath observer, care must be taken to check if the planned center has the option. If it does not have alternate testing center must be chosen.
- Non-published centers If one lives more than 100 miles away from the center he/she can choose an alternate testing center. For this service a fee of $252 is collected if the change is within the country and $335 is charged if the chosen destination is out of the country.
With all the above points in mind one needs to register LSAT test. As already mentioned, since only limited seats are available, it is best to register at the earliest to ensure the requested testing center and date are available.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page