5 Things an LSAT Tutor Must Offer
LSAT is an examination which requires thorough preparation and synchronized effort from both the candidate and the tutor teaching the candidate. If you wish to prepare for LSAT on your own then it is a good idea to take the help of a good tutor. A number of institutes offer one-on-one classes with a qualified LSAT tutor. However, before taking the help of a tutor ensure that the help your tutor provides meets most of your requirements. Some essential features of LSAT tutors are as given in the following section.
Features of Classes Offered by Individual LSAT Tutor
LSAT is an examination where personalized help can do wonders not only for candidates who are weak in their studies but also for candidates who are academically good. However, before you enroll into one-on-one classes with a tutor, ensure the following features are present in the classes offered:
- The LSAT tutor in whose class you have enrolled must take personal interest in your progress. He/she should help you identify your strengths and weaknesses. Your tutor should also help you recognize a pattern in the mistakes that you are making and help you overcome them.
- The tutor you select should help you prepare for LSAT in a systematic manner. Your tutor should help you make an LSAT schedule so that you preparation progresses in a steady manner. He/she should give equal importance to all sections of the examination.
- Your tutor should also ensure that you get sufficient practice because practice is of paramount importance if you wish to fare well in LSAT
- Your tutor should customize the preparatory course and teaching techniques according to your requirements. He/she should be able to teach in a manner that is easy for you to understand.
- Your tutor should also help you with preparing your personal statement which is an important part of your admissions portfolio. He/she should also teach you tips and techniques to help you face the challenges of LSAT.
There are a number of institutes that offer one-on-one sessions with their tutors. Some of the features of the one-on-one sessions offered by various institutes are discussed in the following section.
What does an LSAT Tutor Offer?
The one-on-one sessions offered by various institutes are more expensive than their regular classroom sessions. It is so because the institute you enroll in will provide an LSAT tutor exclusively for you. Usually they will charge you by the hour, however, some institutes offer packages too which make the course less expensive. Some of the features of LSAT tutoring sessions offered by some institutes are discussed in the following section.
Kaplan Tutoring Sessions
If you enroll in a one-on-one session with a tutor from Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) you can choose whether you wish to pay on an hourly basis or enroll either into their 15, 25 or 35 hour packages. Some other features of the one-on-one session are as follows:
- The tutors employed by Kaplan are highly skilled, as well as, experienced. They will help you customize the course according to your requirements.
- If you enroll into their course then you will have to appear for 4 mock LSATs.
Thus, if it is experience and convenience that you want then enrolling in a one-on-one session with a tutor in Kaplan is a good idea.
Power Score Tutoring Sessions
Another such institute offering one-on-one classes is Power Score Test Preparation (www.powerscore.com) The tutoring courses offered by them are designed keeping in mind the travelling and time constraints that candidates preparing for LSAT often face. They have 3 types of one-on-one sessions with their tutors, which are as follows:
- Live classroom sessions with a tutor. Here you can opt for their 5hrs ($595), 10hrs ($1150), 20 hrs ($2600), 40 hrs ($4700) or 64 hrs ($6750) packages or pay by the hour which will come to $150/hour.
- Online or virtual sessions with a tutor assigned exclusively for you. Here the packages are same as that of live classroom sessions; however, as these classes are held online you can attend them at your convenience.
- Classroom sessions held over the telephone. These classes are held throughout the world and it is very convenient for those to whom travelling is a major constraint. You can enroll in their 5 hrs ($400) or 10hrs ($800) packages or pay by the hour at the rate of $100/hour.
Thus, if time and travelling are constraints for you, then you should enroll in one of the one-on-one sessions offered by Power Score.
Blueprint Tutoring Sessions
Blueprint LSAT (www.blueprint.com) is another such LSAT preparatory institute that offers one-on-one sessions for students. You can enroll into their 10 ($1000), 20 ($200), 30 ($3200) or 60 ($6000) hours package. If you wish to pay by the hour then you will be required to pay $125/hour. Blueprint has a team of efficient and skilled tutors who have themselves scored at least 170 in LSATs. The reading materials they use provide sufficient practice and you will not be required to purchase supplemental practice materials. Thus, if it efficiency and experience that you seek then the one-on-one sessions offered by Blueprint are the best for you.
Choosing a good LSAT tutor is as important as preparing for LSAT. But, before you select an LSAT tutor review the services and facilities the institutes and the tutors offer to provide. Those facilities and services should meet most of your requirements. If you are satisfied with their facilities, only then should you enroll in a one-on-one session with that institute.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page