LSAT Percentiles 2012

LSAT Percentiles You Need to Know for LSAT 2012

LSAT percentiles are LSAT scores that are expressed in percentages. This is done through a set of statistical calculations so that any errors and differences in the actual total LSAT scores of the candidates can be negated.

Like percentages, percentiles also have quarterly divisions. The first quarter is 25%, the second quarter is 50% and the third quarter is 75%. A high LSAT score percentile is a percentile ranging between the second and the third quarter. An LSAT high score closest to 180 gets converted to a percentage value between 75% and 100%; a lower score gets converted to a percentage value in the second quarter and so on and so forth. In simple terms, the LSAT score percentile of a candidate denotes the percentage of candidates who have scored lower than him or her. For example, if you score a percentile of 69 it means that you have got a better score than 69% of the candidates and the remaining 31% have got a better score than you.





Every year the LSAT scores and LSAT percentiles scores determine, to a very large extent, the admissibility of a candidate to the various law schools. LSAT percentiles 2012 are nothing but a set of figures that have been set or predetermined so that the students are aware of the expectations of the law schools for admissions in 2012.

Following is a list of the LSAT percentiles that are expected from a candidate in the year 2012:

  • Harvard University Law School – Has recently accepted LSAT scores between 172 and 178 and expected LSAT percentiles 2012 might be 99% and above.
  • Columbia University Law School – Has recently accepted LSAT scores between 172 and 176 and expected LSAT percentiles 2012 might be 98%-99%.
  • Yale University Law School – Has recently accepted LSAT scores between 170 and177 and expected LSAT percentiles 2012 might be anywhere above 90%.

These are only approximate figures because no law school can know in advance how the candidates are going to perform so they cannot be very stiff about the admission criteria. The LSAT percentile cut-offs are just aspirational numbers, the aim of the student should be to get the highest possible marks in any circumstance. The top law schools have predicted the LSAT percentiles 2012 based on the general performance of the last few years. This is just an example of historical data setting up the future expectations.

A list of a few other law school LSAT percentiles 2012 is as follows:

  • University of Toronto: Expected LSAT percentiles 2012 might be above the 75th percentile i.e. in the 3rd quarter.
  • University of Miami: Expected LSAT percentiles 2012 might be in the 3rd quarter i.e. over 75% and scores in the same range.
  • The George Washington University Law School: Expected LSAT percentiles 2012 are in the third quarter and the scores anywhere above 160.

These are just a few examples and generalised figures to help you understand the expected LSAT percentiles for 2012 but they give a very fair idea about how most law schools have similar expectations from any LSAT candidate.

Summarising LSAT percentiles 2012:

  • LSAT percentiles 2012 are predicted scores that are expected for admissions in law schools.
  • The percentiles are based on historical performance and data.
  • The LSAT percentiles 2012 will help an LSAT student set goals for the year 2012.
  • The LSAT percentiles 2012 for most law schools are in the 3rd quarter i.e. in the range of 75% to 99.9%.
  • Most researchers say that the LSAT percentiles 2012 are expected to be in the 90% to the 99.9% range, but only time will validate this prediction.



Terms and Conditions


Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for


  • Research

  • Education

  • Academic purposes

No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page