LSAT or GMAT-Which One Is Better?
Right after graduating from the high school, students have many different options to pursue their higher education. In a way, the students are then free to select their choice of course, which will essentially decide their future. Until high school, many students are bound to rely more upon their parents but for their higher education, it is up to them to decide. In such an environment, they decide upon a degree they wish to pursue and take the relevant entrance examination to secure admission in the best of colleges available.
What Are LSAT GMAT?
LSAT GMAT arebothsuch kind of entrance examinations that open gates for the test takers to enter into a graduating school based upon their performance and merit. LSAT stands for Law School Admission Test. The LSAT is owned, controlled, published and administered by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC). LSAC is the governing and regulating body for the LSAT and currently comprises of over 200 member law universities. LSAT is a competitive standardized test for the students who wish to pursue law. To gain admission at law schools located in the USA, Canada and many other countries, you will have to take the LSAT.
GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. This test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The GMAT is a standardized test for the students who wish to pursue business administration courses like the MBA, Master of Accountancy etc. The GMAT scores are accepted by business schools from all over the world for their admission review processes.
Primary Differences between LSAT and GMAT
LSAT GMAT are both different tests that have their own unique importance. The following points illustrate the core primary differences between LSAT GMAT.
- First, LSAT GMAT differs in the type of test administration. GMAT is a computer-adaptive test while LSAT is a paper-based test. Also GMAT is also administered as a paper-based test only on some special conditions.
- LSAT is administered four times in a year while GMAT is administered throughout the year except on some holidays that have local importance.
- LSAT is administered directly by the LSAC while GMAT, although is administered by the GMAC, it is offered in the form of computer-based test by the Pearson VUE.
- LSAT is priced at US $139 for the test takers in USA and US $144 for the test takers in Canada. The GMAT is priced at US $250 globally.
- In testing the student's abilities, LSAT GMAT vary more. LSAT purely focuses on testing the student's critical, logical, and reasoning thinking abilities. For that purpose, the LSAT consists of five sections in all of which three sections account for the total score.
- GMAT focuses on testing the students' verbal, mathematical and analytical reasoning skills. The GMAT consists of three sections namely the Analytical Writing Assessment, Quantitative and the Verbal sections.
LSAT or GMAT-Which One Is Better?
There will not be any meaning in classifying one of the LSAT GMAT as best. They are both important and crucial in the lives of the respective aspirants. However, we can mention some points related to the accessibility and convenience based upon which one of the LSAT GMAT can be addressed as better.
- GMAT is administered throughout the year which increases the students' chances to take the test more conveniently. Moreover, GMAT can be taken once in every 31 days while LSAT cannot be taken more than thrice in a two-year continuous period. This increases the accessibility of GMAT than LSAT.
- Due to low acceptance of LSAT scores when compared to that of the GMAT scores, it can be evident that GMAT is comparatively taken by more number of students.
- GMAT is administered in more number of testing centers compared to that of the LSAT worldwide.
Based upon the above points, it is justifiable to say that GMAT is a bit better than LSAT. But this conclusion might even be contradicted by the fact that the highest numbers of GMAT aspirants are lawyers.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page