IELTS Question Papers
How to Select IELTS Question Papers?
An IELTS test will not be difficult if you prepare well using carefully selected IELTS test guides and IELTS practice question papers. The three secrets that can help you score well in the IELTS exam are:
- Understand the IELTS exam format correctly.
- Prepare for the exam thoroughly using a good IELTS preparation course or a good IELTS study guide.
- Practice and solve many sample IELTS question papers.
Taking a sample IELTS test will help you in understanding your skills with respect to the reading, writing, speaking and listening areas of the test. Moreover, it will help in improving and planning your writing speed to complete each section of an actual IELTS test successfully.
Sources of IELTS Question Papers
The IELTS question papers are available in electronic version and in paper format. There are many sources from where you can get IELTS practice question papers and actual IELTS question papers of previous years. The various sources are as follows:
- IELTS Test Guide
- Book Stores
- IELTS Preparation Course
You can easily search and download the required IELTS sample question papers or actual question papers of previous years using the Internet. The official website of IELTS (www.ielts.org) is the best source from where you can get all the required IELTS question papers.
You can find a few IELTS sample question papers in a good IELTS study book and e-guide.
You can easily buy an IELTS question paper book from a book store.
You can get many sets of question papers related to the IELTS exam from a library.
You will definitely get a few IELTS sample question papers from the IELTS preparation course that you may join.
How to Choose the Best IELTS Question Papers?
Choosing an IELTS question paper depends on many factors. The primary factor is the content in the paper. You can consider the following tips for choosing the best IELTS test question papers:
- Select only the question papers related to the version (Academic or General Training) of the IELTS test that you are going to take. Thus, if you plan to take the Academic IELTS test, make sure that you choose question papers for the Academic test format.
- Select a few actual IELTS question papers of previous years, as well as a few IELTS practice or mock question papers.
- Ensure that you select some question papers related to the Academic/ General Training Reading test of the IELTS exam.
- Ensure that you select some question papers related to the Academic/ General Training Writing test of the IELTS exam.
- It is helpful to select some question papers and audio samples related to the Listening test of the IELTS exam.
- Ensure that you select some question papers related to the Speaking test of the IELTS exam.
- Ensure that the IELTS question papers related to the Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening tests cover all the sections of the corresponding test.
Links to Sample IELTS Question Papers
The Internet is the best place to find all the practice question papers, mock test papers and actual test papers of the IELTS exam. You can easily download the most effective sample test papers for the Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking modules of the IELTS test from the official website of the IELTS (http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_sample.aspx). A few of the other useful websites from where you can get the IELTS mock question papers and actual question papers are as follows:
After studying the IELTS test materials, it is highly recommended that you practice and solve many IELTS mock question papers as well as previous years' IELTS question papers. This will give you an idea of what you can expect in the Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking modules of the IELTS exam. Hence, you will have higher possibilities for getting a very high score in the IELTS test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page