Question Papers for IELTS
How to Select IELTS Question Papers?
An IELTS test will not be difficult if you prepare well using carefully selected test guides and practice question papers. The three secrets that can help you score well in the exam are:
- Understand the exam format correctly.
- Prepare for the exam thoroughly using a good preparation course or a good study guide of IELTS.
- Practice and solve many sample questions.
Taking a sample test will help you in understanding your skills with respect to the reading, writing, speaking and listening areas of the test. Moreover, it will help in improving and planning your writing speed to complete each section of an actual test successfully.
Sources of IELTS Question Papers
The question papers are available in electronic version and in paper format. There are many sources from where you can get practice question papers and actual test papers of previous years. The various sources are as follows:
- IELTS Test Guide
- Book Stores
- IELTS Preparation Course
You can easily search and download the required sample papers or actual test papers of previous years using the Internet. The official website (www.ielts.org) is the best source from where you can get all the required papers.
You can find a few sample papers in a good study book and e-guide.
You can easily buy a question paper book from a book store.
You can get many sets of question papers related to the exam from a library.
You will definitely get a few sample papers from the preparation course that you may join.
How to Choose the Best IELTS Question Papers?
Choosing a question paper of IELTS depends on many factors. The primary factor is the content in the paper. You can consider the following tips for choosing the best test papers:
- Select only the question papers related to the version (Academic or General Training) of the test that you are going to take. Thus, if you plan to take the Academic test, make sure that you choose questions for the Academic test format.
- Select a few actual papers of previous years, as well as a few test practice or mock question papers.
- Ensure that you select some question papers related to the Academic/ General Training Reading test of the exam.
- Ensure that you select some questions related to the Academic/ General Training Writing test of the exam.
- It is helpful to select some questions and audio samples related to the Listening test of the exam.
- Ensure that you select some papers related to the Speaking test of the exam.
- Ensure that the question papers related to the Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening tests cover all the sections of the corresponding test.
Links to Sample IELTS Question Papers
The Internet is the best place to find all the practice question papers, mock test papers and actual test papers of the exam. You can easily download the most effective sample test papers for the Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking modules of the test from the official website (http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_sample.aspx). A few of the other useful websites from where you can get the mock question papers and actual question papers are as follows:
After studying the test materials, it is highly recommended that you
practice and solve many mock papers as well as previous years'
question papers. This will give you an idea of what you can expect
in the Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking modules of the exam.
Hence, you will have higher possibilities for getting a very high score
in the test.