IELTS Preparation Books
IELTS Preparation Books for Comprehensive Review
There are many books which can be used by students for a comprehensive understanding of the IELTS exam. Of the many IELTS preparation books which are available, let's try and explore a few of them to know our options better:
1. IELTS Tutor Book and CD by Lloyd Jacklin and Roslyn Jacklin
This is one of the brief yet effective IELTS preparation books that is available for students who want to prepare for the IELTS in a simplistic manner. The main features of the book are as follows:
- The book makes use of simple language.
- Contains a CD that can be used for an overall IELTS prep and also for people who are more comfortable studying on the computer.
- It's one of the most unique IELTS preparation books because this book can even help Non-English speakers study for the IELTS through its visuals.
- The CD lasts for around 40 minutes and provides tips and techniques to students.
- Contains detailed explanations of all the types of questions that are asked in the IELTS exam.
- This book can be used as a complete self- improvement guide for students who are preparing for the IELTS on their own.
- The book is also good for getting tips and techniques for the Reading section that can be useful in all sections of the IELTS because all of them require candidates to read the English language.
- This book provides the test-taker with score improvement techniques also.
2. Official IELTS Practice Materials with CD by the British Council
This book is one of the many IELTS preparation books by the British Council. The British Council is one of the key administrators of the IELTS worldwide, and this book contains updated information on the IELTS. The key features of this book are as follows:
- This book was updated by the British Council in 2009 to include sample tests along with the scoring process explanations of the various sections of the IELTS exam. The book is published by an official source so it has comments from examiners of the IELTS and a brief on the criteria on which the answers are scored in the test.
- The book provides students with the basic information about all aspects of the IELTS. This book is great for students who want to start their IELTS preparation and are looking for the basics of the IELTS.
- This is one of the few IELTS preparation books that has real previous IELTS questions and can set a good base for the IELTS prep of individuals.
- The most important fact of this book is that, though the book is not very detailed, whatever information it contains can be followed blindly.
3. Step Up to IELTS with Answers by the Cambridge University Press
This is one of the IELTS preparation books from the Cambridge University Press and is authored by Vanessa Jakeman and Clare McDowell. The key features of this book are as follows:
- The most unique point of his book is that the sample tests of the IELTS are divided into sections and can be solved separately as separate tasks.
- The book contains answers to all its questions and tips to answer the sample questions of the IELTS.
- The book has word lists and helps in vocabulary and grammar building also.
- The sample practice papers are simplified so that the students can answer them first and set the base for answering the final test. If students start with more daunting papers first, then they might lose their confidence of taking the final test.
- This is one of the very few IELTS preparation books that is suited not only to students but even IELTS teachers can use it as reference.
- The book covers both the Academic and General training modules of the IELTS.
- This book is a good book to practice for the IELTS if the exam is getting close and you need quick yet effective tips.
4. Cambridge IELTS 4 Student's Book with Answers, from the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
Coming from the source of the IELTS itself, this is one of those IELTS preparation books that tell everything a candidate would want to know about the IELTS. This book contains questions, their answers and the reasons to those answers all pertaining to the IELTS. The following are a few key features of this book:
- All the test sections of the IELTS of both the Academic and General Training modules are thoroughly explained in this book.
- The scoring of every section and subsection is also explained.
- Great practice test papers are available in this book along with their answers.
- Authentic previous-years' test papers with explanations are also available in this book.
- The book contains an audio CD as well and that can be used as an audio sample for the Listening section of the IELTS.
- The language used in this book is very simple and every effort has been made to make the passages as self-explanatory as possible so that this book serves as a self-study guide for students.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page