Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
IELTS prep course
Good skills at English is required if one wishes to join universities in English speaking countries or take up a job in these countries. These skills are tested by an exam called IELTS. This is a standardized test recognized in all English speaking countries. It is a well known and an internationally accepted test for measuring candidates’ skills at English. IELTS includes tests of reading, writing, listening and speaking. IELTS is conducted on 48 days every year in 120 countries. Getting a good score in this test is possible with a proper IELTS prep course. An IELTS Prep course will help you to familiarize with the structure of the test. IELTS prep courses are specially designed to teach you test taking techniques. However, you need to consider a lot of things while selecting an IELTS prep course. This article will assist you in selecting the right kind of an IELTS prep course.
Do you really need an IELTS prep course?
Most of you would question the need of any prep course for IELTS. It is always good to be very sure before taking any kind of a course. Unless you are fully convinced about the requirement of IELTS prep course for yourself, you cannot do justice to it. Here are some of the compelling reasons for you to join such a course:
- IELTS is taken by over seven hundred thousand candidates around the world every year. This itself shows the importance of this test. If you wish to compete with such a huge crowd and aim to score high then you need an IELTS prep course.
- This test is carefully designed to judge your level of English. So only the working knowledge of English will not suffice. You need some expert who can bring out the limitations of your English skills and can guide you to overcome them.
- A carefully designed prep course is a must for preparing for IELTS.
- IELTS is a standardized test and one needs a standardized approach to attempt such a test. An IELTS prep course is the best way to learn how to prepare and appear for IELTS.
- An IELTS prep course teaches you the test taking techniques which include some time saving tricks. Such techniques are especially useful for time bound exams like IELTS.
- Detailed preparation for IELTS takes a minimum of three months. An IELTS prep course is designed to make you understand every concept of the test as well as to make you practice solving the sample test papers.
- Group study under the guidance of an experienced faculty is always better than self study.
Myths About an IELTS Prep Course
An IELTS prep course is not an English language course. It is a course where you learn how to attempt IELTS in the best possible way and to score high. So, it expects you to posses a certain level of English proficiency. If your level of English is poor then an IELTS prep course is not going to help you much. Even if you join such a course, you may not be able to cope up with it and it will be a total waste of your time and money.
You are therefore suggested to check your level of English first. You can take a self diagnostic English test available in study guides or online. Various web sites offer these tests for free. These are short tests and provide you valuable suggestions about your weak and strong areas. Once you have taken such a test you will be in a better position to decide about an IELTS prep course. Do not get nervous or disheartened if you find that your level of English is not up to the mark. You can always take up a course or join an institute to learn English. Once you have achieved a reasonable standard in English, you are ready for an IELTS prep course.
Go to page: Ielts Prep Course - Page 1 : Ielts Prep Course - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page