Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
IELTS Practice Papers
How to Select IELTS Practice Papers
What Are IELTS Practice Papers?
There are two kinds of IELTS practice papers; one is an authentic IELTS paper which has been used at a prior IELTS exam, the other is a paper that is made with questions resembling the actual question paper of IELTS. While preparing, you need IELTS practice papers of both kinds. The internet is a treasure chest of IELTS practice papers, you just need to look at the right websites.
How to Select IELTS Practice Papers
Here are some tips which you can use for selecting the IELTS practice papers.
- Be informed about the paper pattern/question types/sections. If you have your basics right, you will be in a better position to select the right sets of IELTS practice papers.
- Choose specific practice papers in the beginning of your preparation. If you think you are not that good at writing, then begin your IELTS preparation with writing and then move on to the other sections. This is a luxury you can afford since there are specific writing sample papers that are available on the internet.
- Look for updated materials. Check if the website that you are using has been duly updated. You can get this information at the end of the webpage. If the website hasn't been updated since over a year, it is best not to refer to websites like this, since there is danger of coming across materials that are obsolete.
- Keep visiting the official website. This is because the materials given in the official website will seldom be wrong. Keep it as a standard for other websites that you refer to for IELTS practice papers.
Links to IELTS Practice Papers
Let's look at some of the links that will provide some good IELTS practice papers.
1. IELTS: The official website of IELTS is extremely useful in terms of preparation for the exam. It has its own materials for preparation that are of good quality. They have official practice materials to help students prepare. There are two volumes to the preparatory materials and they contain CDs and DVDs to help students prepare for the test. The volumes have sample reading, listening, speaking and writing papers that provide the students with questions similar to those in the actual IELTS exam. To give the students an idea of what the book contains there is an option to take a 'free sample test' on the website itself. The official website of IELTS is at http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_prepare.aspx.
2. The British Council: The British Council and IELTS have been longstanding partners. The British Council provides all kinds of educational services with regards to IELTS. The sample papers provided by the British Council are free of cost. The students are expected to create a login ID using which they can access the materials online. Go to this link for more information http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-exams-ielts-home.htm
3. Abroad Education: This website is purely a source for IELTS practice papers. There is also additional information on the score patterns, test modules, pattern of questions in IELTS. You will certainly find many IELTS practice papers on this website. This website does not provide real-time IELTS papers; it only provides questions that are quite similar to the real exam. You can visit the website at http://www.abroadeducation.com.np/test-preparation/ielts/sample-questions.html.
4. IELTShelpnow: Students can find authentic IELTS practice papers at a reasonable rate at this website. You have to pay a nominal sum and can download the practice papers immediately. You can also seek help in solving these question papers, should you need help. You also have the option to download a free sample and if you are satisfied with the questions you can pay for the services that they are ready to offer. You can visit the website at http://www.ieltshelpnow.com/
It is advisable that you solve as many IELTS practice papers as you can. However, consider the above given tips and you can visit the above mentioned websites when solving papers.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page