Essential Features Of IELTS Online Registration
IELTS Online Registration Procedure
IELTS is mutually held by British Council, the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) and the IDP: IELTS Australia. This test is conducted at many test centers and locations in more than 130 countries around the world.
The test is held about four times a month in over 800 test centers around the world. You can take this examination at any one of the available test centers and locations on an available date amongst the dates fixed for the current year.
You can register for IELTS using any of three methods which are as follows:
- Register personally at your nearest IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL office or branch.
- Register by post or courier to your nearest IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL office or branch.
- Register online through the official website of IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL.
This article gives special attention to help you learn about online registration.
Is it Possible to Register for IELTS Online at All the Test Centers?
You can register through the Internet only if that registration method is allowed at the test center in which you wish to take the test. The IELTS applicants in the USA are requested to register online. However, some test centers around the world allow you to use alternative methods of registration. You can refer to the official website (www.ielts.org) to search for the websites of test centers that allow online registration.
Things to Consider Before IELTS Online Registration
You must consider certain things before making online registration:
- Decide which version of test (Academic or General Training) you need to take by confirming it with your organization or using the Global Recognition System.
- Be clear with the deadline and cost of the registration for the current year.
- Search in the official website of IELTS to find your nearest location and test center, and make sure that the test center allows you register through tnethe Inter.
- Choose two or three test dates that suit you from the test date options available for the selected test center.
- Ensure that you have a valid credit card.
- Ensure to have your passport size color photograph that is suitable to be uploaded while registering online for the IELTS.
How to Register for IELTS through Internet?
You can make online registration through the official website of IELTS, British Council, IDP or Cambridge ESOL.
Procedure for Registration
1. Log on to the following website: https://ieltsregistration.org to access the IELTS Candidate Online Applications page.
2. In this page, check for the available test centers by selecting the mandatory fields - Module, Country or Region, City, Available test dates and Available test formats that best meets your needs.
3. Click the "Register" option corresponding to the preferred test center available in the search result page of the website.
4. Click "Apply Online" in the Center Details page of the website.
5. Fill the online application form completely.
6. Pay the test fee through Master/ Visa credit card.
7. Get the seat reservation and acknowledgement instantly.
Things to Consider After IELTS Online Registration
When you complete the registration process successfully, do not forget to take the following things with you on the test day:
1. A print copy of the online registration confirmation slip
2. Two passport sized recent color photographs of yourself
3. A photocopy of your valid passport
4. IELTS test fee in the required form (check or demand draft) if the test center you choose does not accept credit card payments
If you want to reschedule or cancel your registration, it is better to do it at least five weeks before the test date to get a refund of the test fee. In order to get a fee refund, you need to send a medical certificate to the IELTS Office within five days of the test, if you are rescheduling or canceling the test after the scheduled test date due to a medical reason.