IELTS Online Registration
IELTS Online Registration Procedure
IELTS is mutually held by British Council, the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) and the IDP: IELTS Australia. IELTS is conducted at many test centers and locations in more than 130 countries around the world.
The IELTS is held about four times a month in over 800 test centers around the world. You can take IELTS test anywhere amongst the available test centers and locations on an available date amongst the dates fixed for the current year.
You can register for IELTS using any of three methods which are as follows:
- Register personally at your nearest IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL office or branch.
- Register by post or courier to your nearest IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL office or branch.
- Register online through the official website of IDP/ British Council/ Cambridge ESOL.
This article gives special attention to help you know about IELTS online registration.
Is It Possible to Register for IELTS through Online at All the Test Centers?
You can register for the IELTS through online only if that registration method is allowed at the test center in which you wish to take the test. The IELTS test applicants in the USA are requested to make IELTS online registration preferably. However, some IELTS test centers around the world allow you to register for the test online. You can refer to the IELTS official website (www.ielts.org) to search for the websites of test centers that allow online registration.
Things to Consider Before IELTS Online Registration
You must consider certain things before making IELTS online registration:
- Decide which version of IELTS test (Academic or General Training) you need to take by confirming it with your organization or using the Global Recognition System.
- Be clear with the deadline and cost of the IELTS registration for the current year.
- Search in the official website of IELTS to find your nearest IELTS location and test center, and make sure that the test center allows for IELTS online registration.
- Choose two or three test dates that suit you from the test date options available for the selected test center.
- Ensure that you have a valid credit card.
- Ensure to have your passport size color photograph that is suitable to be uploaded while registering online for the IELTS.
How to Register for IELTS through Online?
You can make IELTS online registration through the official website of IELTS, British Council, IDP or Cambridge ESOL.
Procedure to Register
1. Log on to this IELTS registration website https://ieltsregistration.org that will open the IELTS Candidate Online Applications page.
2. In the IELTS Candidate Online Applications page of the website, check for the available test centers by selecting the mandatory fields - Module, Country or Region, City, Available test dates and Available test formats that best meets your needs.
3. Click the "Register" option corresponding to the preferred test center available in the search result page of the website.
4. Click "Apply Online" in the Center Details page of the website.
5. Fill the online application form completely.
6. Pay the IELTS test fee through Master/ Visa credit card.
7. Get the IELTS seat reservation and acknowledgement instantly.
Things to Consider After IELTS Online Registration
When you complete the IELTS online registration successfully, do not forget to take the following things with you on the IELTS test day:
1. A print copy of the online registration confirmation slip
2. Two passport sized recent color photographs of yourself
3. A photocopy of your valid passport
4. IELTS test fee in the required form (check or demand draft) if the test center you choose does not accept credit card payments
If you want to reschedule or cancel your IELTS registration, it is better to do it at least five weeks before the test date to get a refund of the test fee. In order to get a fee refund, you need to send a medical certificate to the IELTS Office within five days of the test, if you are rescheduling or canceling the test after the scheduled test date due to a medical reason.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page