Information about IELTS
Sources of IELTS Information
If you plan to settle in a different country or pursue education/ work in an English-speaking country, you must prove your English expertise through an English language proficiency test, such as IELTS. In order to take the test, you must know all the information about the test.
In order to find the test's information, such as what the test is about, modes or versions of the test, sections of the test, types of questions appearing in each section of the test, how the test is scored, how to register for the test, and how to prepare for the test, you must refer to some sources. This article helps you to know about the different sources from where you get all the required information about the test.
1. The Official Website of IELTS
Every student must know the official information before registering or preparing for the test. The official website (www.ielts.org) is the primary source from where you can find anything and everything related to the test. Whatever may be the information you need, you will definitely get it from this site. You need not worry about the correctness of the information provided at this website.
2. The IELTS Test Center
You can get the official info from your nearest test center free of cost. When you inquire about the test at any of the test centers, clarify all your doubts regarding the test information that the center staff provide you.
3. IELTS Book
This book is an excellent source that can help you know about the required information whenever you want without the need of electricity, computer and internet. Moreover, you can take a book with you wherever you go. Hence, it becomes easy for you to refer to the book to know what you want to about the test.
A good book will definitely include all the information related to the test, such as the test pattern and the different sections of the test. The related information that you can expect from a good quality book are as follows:
- Exact test pattern
- Different sections of the test
- Types of questions appearing in each section
- Time duration for each section of the test
- Practice test papers
- Test registration process
- Tips and techniques to score well in the exam
Where to get IELTS Books from?
You can get books from various sources as follows:
- Book stores - You can easily purchase the required book from a book store.
- Libraries - You can get a good book from a library.
- Internet - You can easily search for good quality books through internet. You can buy a book online. This source also helps you to download a book for free.
- IELTS preparation course - You will definitely get a good quality book if you join a reliable and experienced preparation course.
4. Internet Sources Other Than the Official Website
Internet can help you to find all the information you want to know about the test. When you get the required information from the official website, you can be sure that the information is correct and updated. However, when you are looking for info on websites other than the official website, you must make sure that the information is accurate, correct and up-to-date information. Hence, it is better that you refer to only reliable websites or internet sources.
You can use any of the above sources for getting information related to the test. Whatever may be the source you use, ensure that the information is correct and up-to-date. The best source that is recommended is the official website.