5 Reasons Why You Need to Take the IELTS
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing. It is jointly administered by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, the British Council and the IDP Education Pvt Ltd. The test is taken by candidates who wish to migrate to any English-speaking nation for further studies or for a job opportunity. The examination is administered in two slightly different test versions. The Academic test version is intended for the candidates who wish to pursue higher studies abroad and the General Training test version is for test takers who wish to secure a job opportunity or pursue non-academic training or for other immigration purposes. This examination is so famous that it is being accepted by numerous institutes in approximately 125 countries across the world.
5 Reasons for Taking the IELTS
Many people wish to make their career bright with a great opportunity. IELTS provides a platform for people to prove themselves worthy of good opportunities. Given below are five reasons that will justify your choice of taking the test.
1. If you want to continue your studies in good universities, then the examination is a very good option to consider. All the English-speaking nations put together have the highest number of good colleges for continuing your education. Although every country might have good universities but they are surely less in number when compared to the scope you have through the exam. So, from the education point of view, the test opens a plethora of opportunities for your bright future.
2. For individuals who seek job opportunities, the test is again a fetching option. This exam opens doors for numerous job opportunities based upon the scores you obtain. It helps you in gaining work experience that will be very valuable for your career in future.
3. There are many countries that accept test scores for immigration purposes. The scores also help in clearing immigration formalities. So, the test is helpful in many ways.
4. The English language is widely spoken in many countries across the world. So, even in your home or alien country, you are required to be proficient in English. For this, you might practice a lot and learn but to get a certification that identifies you as proficient in English, you will require taking an exam. For this purpose exclusively, there can be no other better option than taking the examination. It gives you a band scale grading that will help you get recognized based upon your proficiency.
5. Most of all, it is a perfect English proficiency-testing exam. It tests a candidate's proficiency in the language by exploring all the necessary aspects of the English language. Perhaps, this could be the reason for wide acceptance of the test throughout the world.
This examination tests your ability based upon the following four sections. The time allotted to each section and the numbers of questions in each of the section are also being specified:
- Listening (30 minutes, 40 questions).
- Reading (60 minutes, 40 questions).
- Writing (60 minutes, 2 essay-format writing tasks).
- Speaking (14 minutes approx, personal interview).
The Listening section consists of questions such as multiple-choice and data completion. The questions in the Listening test must be answered based upon the conversation that is pre-recorded. Each dialogue will be played only once and you must answer the questions by listening to it.
The Reading section consists of passages, short and long, based upon which, you must answer the given questions. The texts are taken from topics of general interest. The questions may be multiple-choice questions, data completion, summarizations etc.
In the Writing section, you are required to write essays based upon the given tasks. Two tasks are given in both the test versions. The General Training Writing task is a letter-writing task. The other tasks usually present you with an opinion or argument.
The Speaking section involves a personal interview with an examiner who evaluates you based on your speaking skills.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page