IELTS Exam Registration
Things to Keep in Mind for IELTS Exam Registration
The IELTS is a standardized test conducted in over 130 countries all over the world. The test measures the competence of an individual in the English language. Because English has slowly become a universal language and is no longer restricted to a few English speaking countries only, to accommodate so many different countries, the IELTS is conducted on fixed dates, 48 times in a year. The IELTS exam registration is a very simple process but every candidate has to keep a few things in mind before registering for the IELTS. Following are a few lists that will help you understand the process of registering for the IELTS and make you aware of the requirements of the IELTS exam registration:
The process of IELTS exam registration:
1. The IELTS exam registration details should firstly be procured from the official website www.ielts.org.
2. Check the website for the available list of test centres and test dates so that you can decide which place and date suits you for the test.
3. Procure the application form for the IELTS from its website or visit the local centre near you to get a form for IELTS exam registration.
4. Fill up the application form after deciding on the module (Academic or General Training), of the IELTS that you want to take.
5. The website also provides the details of the documents and the mailing details required for the submission of the IELTS exam application form. You should procure those details as well.
6. The IELTS exam registration is possible in most of its test centres around the world and you can either visit the centre or mail them your forms. The mode of payment is also decided by the centre keeping in mind the country in which the centre is.
7. IELTS exam registration should be done as per the test centre rules and timelines. Though IELTS is a global examination, it follows local rules.
8. Online IELTS exam registration is also possible but the option is only available to candidates who are residing in the United States.
Important points to remember about the IELTS exam registration:
- Every test centre and every test date has a deadline for registration. Find out about the deadlines for your test centre as soon as you decide on the test date.
- Though the test centres have different methodologies of conducting the test, the documents and details required for IELTS exam registration are the same worldwide. Check for these details on the official website.
- The passport is the generally accepted identity proof that is acceptable for the IELTS exam registration but there are exceptions to this rule and you should find out if you fit that exception.
- Every candidate needs recent passport size photographs for the IELTS exam registration. The candidate should not be wearing any glasses in the photographs and the photographs should be signed by the candidate at the back.
- Every country has a different currency and you should arrange for the registration fees after properly finding out about the fees in your country. Do not go by figures mentioned anywhere else. Check with your test centre only.
- If you are taking the IELTS for academic purposes and want the results to be sent to the institutions that you want to apply to, then you should mention it in the IELTS application form, during IELTS exam registration.
- Check the mailing address of the test centres before sending your registration forms by mail. If you have already sent the forms, confirm their receipt.
- Do not alter your identity card or carry a different form of identity card on the test day. The test centres accept only the identity card that was originally used for the IELTS exam registration.
A List of links for IELTS exam registration:
- The link for procuring the test centre details is: http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_search/search_results.aspx.
- The link for the application form download is: http://www.ielts.org/PDF/IELTS_Application_Form_November2011.pdf.
- The link http://bandscore.ielts.org/ will help you decide which module fits your requirements.
- The link for the details of the documents and the mailing details required for the submission of the IELTS exam application form is: http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/how_do_i_register/how_do_i_register.aspx.
- The link for online registration in the USA is: http://www.test.registration-usa.com/.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page