Exam Questions for IELTS
How to Supplement Your Preparation with IELTS Exam Questions
Practice Questions for IELTS
The IELTS is a standardized and popular exam that assesses your skills in using and implementing the English language on a daily basis. The test is conducted worldwide in more than 500 test centres and it attracts test takers from all countries. While preparing for this exam, you must be thorough with the the question pattern and types. Questions for IELTS are available at online resource centres, preparation books and various other sources. It is important that while you prepare for the test, you practice a good chunk of questions. Practicing questions and exercises of the test positively helps you in clearing your idea about the exam questions. Moreover, if you are savvy with the question types and patterns, you will consume less time in solving them during the exam.
How Would You Incorporate the IELTS Questions in Your Prep?
'Practice makes a man perfect.' This is the integral phrase you should keep in mind while preparing for IELTS. Practice as many exam questions as possible to make sure you understand the test content from its core. You can include test questions in your preparation through various ways:
- Make sure that you solve at least two practice papers over weekends.
- Each time you are done with learning a section of the test, work out the questions from that section.
- Purchase books for the test that offer you questions from previous years. You can solve at least ten questions a day, five each from the Reading and Writing sections of the test.
- Ask your IELTS tutors or course tutors to set up exam questions for you. You can solve them and get them evaluated by your teachers in order to know your progress. By this way, you can eliminate many weaknesses.
Where Can You Get IELTS Test Questions?
As discussed earlier, there are many sources of finding test questions for IELTS. You can refer to websites or links to various books and courses, that offer you sample questions and worksheets to solve. Some of them are:
- Online Sources:
- IELTS Books:
- Cambridge IELTS 5 Student's Book with Answers: as apparent from its name, this book is published by the prestigious Cambridge University and contains sufficient number of test questions for your preparation. Read about it in http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-IELTS-Students-Answers-Practice/dp/0521677017/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329326923&sr=8-1.
- IELTS Writing Questions: if you are looking out for exam questions for the Writing section of IELTS, then you should try this book. It is updated with the latest test format and contains sufficient test questions for your preparation. Go to http://www.amazon.com/IELTS-Writing-Questions-questions-educators/dp/1456321994/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329327222&sr=8-1-spell to know more about it.
- IELTS Speaking Topics: this is another recommended book for being acquainted with the Speaking section of IELTS. You get to study more about the plausible speaking topics that you may face in the interview. You can read about this book in http://www.amazon.com/IELTS-Speaking-Topics-questions-educators/dp/145631131X/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329327222&sr=8-2-spell.
The best place to get questions are websites and online forums that feature questions from all the four sections. Some of them like Abroad Education provide you sample questions together with the explanation of the test, question patterns and scoring trends. Try the link: http://www.abroadeducation.com.np/test-preparation/ielts/ to know more. Other online sources, which may assist you with exam questions for your preparation, are IELTS Section AIPPG (http://www.aippg.com/ielts/index.html) and the IELTS Tips (http://www.ieltstips.com/ielts_test/about_ielts/ielts_topics.html).
Under this heading, you will read about links to IELTS books that will render some more questions for your preparation. The book price may become a barrier in case your funds are low. However, it is a guarantee that your investment is worth the purchase. The best part about preparation books is that you get test questions mostly authored by experienced and seasoned IELTS tutors. Hence, there is no compromise for the quality of questions found in these books. Some of them are:
A Final Word:
Hence, from the above discussion you get to learn the importance and significance of being aware of the test format while preparing for the IELTS test. You must remember that it is very important to solve maximum exam questions for the best exam preparation. Do not miss out on updated questions found in the test resource websites. Practice more and you will get your results.