IELTS Exam Questions
How to Supplement Your Preparation with IELTS Exam Questions
Practice Questions in IELTS:
The IELTS is a standardized and popular exam that assesses your skills in using and implementing the English language on a daily basis. The IELTS is conducted worldwide in more than 500 test centres and it attracts test takers from all countries. While preparing for this exam, you must be thorough with the the question pattern and types. IELTS exam questions are available at online resource centres, IELTS prep books and various other sources. It is important that while you prepare for IELTS, you practice a good chunk of IELTS exam questions. Practicing questions and exercises of IELTS positively helps you in clearing your idea about IELTS questions. Moreover, if you are savvy with the question types and patterns, you will consume less time in solving them during the exam.
How Would You Incorporate the IELTS Questions in Your Prep?
'Practice makes a man perfect.' This is the integral phrase you should keep in mind while preparing for IELTS. Practice as many IELTS exam questions as possible to make sure you understand the test content from its core. You can include test questions in your IELTS prep through various ways:
- Make sure that you solve at least two IELTS practice papers over weekends.
- Each time you are done with learning a section of IELTS, work out IELTS exam questions from that section.
- Purchase books for IELTS that offer you IELTS questions from previous years. You can solve at least ten questions a day, five each from the Reading and Writing sections of IELTS.
- Ask your IELTS tutors or IELTS course tutors to set up IELTS exam questions for you. You can solve them and get them evaluated by your teachers in order to know your progress. By this way, you can eliminate many weaknesses.
Where Can You Get IELTS Test Questions?
As discussed earlier, there are many sources of finding test questions for IELTS. You can refer to websites or links to various books and courses, that offer you sample questions and worksheets to solve. Some of them are:
- Online Sources:
- IELTS Books:
- Cambridge IELTS 5 Student's Book with Answers: as apparent from its name, this book is published by the prestigious Cambridge University and contains sufficient number of test questions for your IELTS prep. Read about it in http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-IELTS-Students-Answers-Practice/dp/0521677017/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329326923&sr=8-1.
- IELTS Writing Questions: if you are looking out for exam questions for the IELTS Writing section, then you should try this book. It is updated with the latest IELTS test format and contains sufficient test questions for your preparation. Go to http://www.amazon.com/IELTS-Writing-Questions-questions-educators/dp/1456321994/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329327222&sr=8-1-spell to know more about it.
- IELTS Speaking Topics: this is another recommended book for being acquainted with the Speaking section of IELTS. You get to study more about the plausible speaking topics that you may face in the IELTS interview. You can read about this book in http://www.amazon.com/IELTS-Speaking-Topics-questions-educators/dp/145631131X/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329327222&sr=8-2-spell.
The best place to get IELTS exam questions are websites and online forums that feature IELTS test questions from all the four sections. Some of them like Abroad Education provide you sample IELTS questions together with the explanation of the test, question patterns and scoring trends. Try the link: http://www.abroadeducation.com.np/test-preparation/ielts/ to know more. Other online sources, which may assist you with exam questions for your IELTS prep, are IELTS Section AIPPG (http://www.aippg.com/ielts/index.html) and the IELTS Tips (http://www.ieltstips.com/ielts_test/about_ielts/ielts_topics.html).
Under this heading, you will read about links to IELTS books that will render some more IELTS exam questions for your preparation. The book price may become a barrier in case your funds are low. However, it is a guarantee that your investment is worth the purchase. The best part about IELTS prep books is that you get test questions mostly authored by experienced and seasoned IELTS tutors. Hence, there is no compromise for the quality of IELTS questions found in these books. Some of them are:
A Final Word:
Hence, from the above discussion you get to learn the importance and significance of being aware of the test format while preparing for the IELTS test. You must remember that it is very important to solve maximum IELTS questions for the best IELTS prep. Do not miss out on updated questions found in the test resource websites. Practice more and you will get your results.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page