How does Your Performance Depend on the IELTS Test Center that You Choose
IELTS is a globally recognized test of English in which the test takers demonstrate their skills of English Language for pursuing their career and studies in an English-speaking country. The test is administered in over 800 locations across the world covering many countries. The standard and the approach of this test along with its contents make it the most popular way of evaluating the strength of English language skills of the non-native speakers and all those aspiring candidates who want to migrate to a country in which English is the primary mode of communication. There are two versions of IELTS that are chosen by the students based on the requirements of the organizations or the academic institutions in which they have applied:
- General Training
- Academic Training
The score of IELTS is recognized by 6000 organizations throughout the world that includes immigration authorities, professional and government bodies.
IELTS Test Center
An IELTS centre is either managed by British Council IDP and IELTS Australia (http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/find_my_nearest_test_centre.aspx) or independent organizations or bodies that conform to stringent standards of safety and customer service. The candidates or the test takers can find out their nearest IELTS centre through the IELTS Worldwide Search http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_search/search_results.aspx in which they can filter their search based on the country, territory and city. Beside this, they can also get latest information on the test dates and the fees that they should pay for taking this examination. The IELTS aspirants should contact their nearest IELTS centre to request for the Application Form of this examination.
Performance of the Students and Choosing a Test Center
There are several factors that should be considered by the candidates or the test takers while choosing an IELTS centre as it affects the performance of the students on the day of the test. In this section, we will consider some of those factors:
- The candidates should choose the IELTS centre carefully that will allow them to have enough time to travel to the test location. They should avoid arriving late on the test because they might not be allowed to take the test.
- If a student has to travel to a far off location to take IELTS, he/she should carry food and water as it is necessary to drink water and avoid dehydration on the day of the test.
- The IELTS aspirants should complete their registration formalities as soon as possible and contact the IELTS centre as their preferred test center may get filled early and they may get tired while traveling to a distant location to take this test.
- The owners of IELTS direct the students to stay relaxed before taking the test and an oddly located test center can make a candidate anxious if he/ she gets late somehow.
- The IELTS test is completed within one day without any breaks, which can exert lots of exhaustion unless the IELTS centre is chosen with care.
- The combination of Listening, Reading and Writing make IELTS a difficult proposition for the students and choosing an appropriate test center will ease their worries on the day of the test and allow them to implement what they have learnt till now with an unmatchable performance.
However, the availability of so many test centers for IELTS has made it easier for the students to choose a suitable one based on their convenience. According to the general norms, an IELTS aspirant should try to register early for getting a suitable test center on a particular date of examination.
The test takers should pay attention to their choice of IELTS centre and choose their favorite center quickly or otherwise make sure that they are well equipped if they are travelling to a centre that is located far away from their residence.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page