IELTS Academic Writing
Everything You Need to Know About IELTS Academic Writing Test
IELTS Academic Module
In IELTS, you have the option of choosing from two modules. One is the Academic module and the other is the General Training module. The former one is generally taken by all those people who wish to pursue higher education in an English-speaking nation and the latter is taken by candidates who wish to go to English-speaking countries for the purpose of relocation or employment. If you are planning to study in an English-speaking nation, you need to take the Academic module. One of the differences between these two modules is that the IELTS academic writing section is different from the writing section of the General Training module.
You will find that the IELTS academic writing section will last for an hour and in this section of the test, you will have to write two essays. One essay will need to have 150 words and the other one needs to have 250 words. The essay that has less number of words is commonly referred to as Task 1 and the other essay is referred to as Task 2 of the IELTS academic writing section.
- In the first task, you will be shown a diagram, chart, graph or table and then you will be asked to write an essay on the basis of the image given. Make sure that you are very careful when you are working on this section because you need to write correctly. The content you write should match what is shown in the picture.
- In task two, you will be given a topic on the basis of which you will be asked to write an essay of 250 words. The topic can be anything and you need to make sure that you practice writing as many essay topics as possible so that you will be prepared to work on this task effectively.
- It is generally best if you can use around twenty minutes on Task 1 and the remaining 40 minutes on Task 2. On the other hand, you do not have to follow this strictly as long as you can complete these two essays in sixty minutes.
- When you are working on the IELTS academic writing section, do remember that you need to write essays of around 150 words and 250 words respectively. Make sure you do not write more than 160 words in the first task and 260 words in the second task. This is the best way to ensure that you will be able to score high.
- It is also a good idea to practice writing on a regular basis so that you will be able to improve your writing ability.
- You will find a lot of IELTS academic writing essay topics online as well as in various prep books or courses. Just write one essay from each of the sections daily to get optimum result.
Just because people say that the IELTS academic writing section is difficult to work on, does not mean that you will not be able to get a high score in it. As long as you are willing to practice and find out how you can write essays in the best possible manner, you will have a greater chance of obtaining a high score band in this section of IELTS. It will also help you if you can read the essay samples that others have written as this will give you a good idea about how you can write the essays. There are books as well as websites that offer sample essays to candidates who will be taking the IELTS soon. Just go through the essays on Task 1 and Task 2 written by them and find out how you can frame your essays in the best possible manner
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page