IELTS Test Registration
In order to register for the test the students must make a note of the following points. The application must be accompanied with 2 recent passport size photographs. A photocopy of your passport also must be submitted. The amount that is to be paid is New Zealand $265. If the applicant has appeared for the test previously he must make a mention of the venue and the date details of the previous test. The allotment of test center and date is purely on a first come first served basis. So it is important that the applicant registers for the test as early as possible. The student has to apply on the application issued by the University of Otago Language Center on Level 2. A candidate brochure also has to be collected along with the application. If one is not able to pick up the application personally because he is not a resident of Dunedin City, he can download the PDF format of the application from www.ielts.org. The application and the payment must be sent to
University of Otago Language Center
75 St David St, Building 2
PO Box 56
Ph: 03 479 5709
Simple steps of registration
- Download application form for the test
- Thoroughly read through the information provided for the test students. It is a PDF file of about 805KB.
- Make sure you have studied the handbook which is also available in PDF format of about 834 KB.
- Before applying check for the dates available in all centers.
- Before signing the application form make sure you have included details like home address, telephone contact details and mobile numbers for correspondence.
- Try to register as early as possible or at least 15 days before the date of test.
Registration can either be done by post or in person. If the applicant wishes to apply in person, the applicant must bring the following details along with him:
A completed application form duly signed. The fee amount either in the form of cash or Credit card. An identity card or passport for identification. A photocopy of the applicant's passport and two recently taken photographs.
If the applicant opts to register through post the completed and signed application form must be sent along with a photocopy of passport duly verified by the applicant's local police department or by any local authority. Two recently taken photographs and a bank cheque payable to the British Council with the fee amount of $168. If the applicant wishes to pay through his personal Cheque then the personal taxation number must be mentioned behind the cheque. The applicant can pay the test fee through any Alpha Bank branch via web banking or ATM facility from his own bank. If the applicant has directly deposited the fee amount in the British Council bank account at Alpha Bank then the deposit slip must be attached without fail. Please make a note of the account numbers of British Council
Candidates in Macedonia, Thrace and Thessaly
Account number: 71400 200200 2275
Candidates in Athens and all other provinces
Account number: 11500 200201 8908
The name of the applicant and the name of the exam, IELTS in this case must be mentioned in the deposit slip.
Only Express and Registered mail or courier facility can be used by candidates in Macedonia, Thrace and Thessaly to the Thessaloniki office and candidates from Athens to Athens office respectively.
Important Points to be noted:
- Registration via telephones will not be accepted.
- Only applications with the full amount payment will be accepted.
- Enrolment will be purely first come first served basis.
- The addresses of the universities where the scores need to be sent should be mentioned in the application form.
- No applicant is allowed to take the test within three months of attending the test.
- Candidates above the age of 16 only are allowed to take the test.