GRE Preparatory Methods
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is taken by those who are willing to join graduate schools in the US, Canada, the UK and in many other leading countries. Preparing for GRE is a challenging task. You need to have adequate study materials and a lot of practice to crack this exam. This article will give you an idea of how to prepare for GRE and how to make use of available resources while you prepare for the exam.
Do I really need to prepare for GRE?
You may be rich in English vocabulary and strong at your concepts of mathematics. However, you still need to be serious when you prepare for GRE. Reasons for this are quite obvious:
- You want to join your dream university in the US or in any other leading country and they would give you admission only if you score high in the test.
- There are thousands of students like you who have similar motivation but the universities can not accommodate each one of you.
- The GRE is conducted by the ETS (Educational Testing Services), one of the biggest and renowned organizations of the world, which knows exactly how to judge your aptitude.
- Aptitude test of English language as well as a test on quantitative reasoning requires you to first understand the given information correctly, process it and come to the correct answers within the stipulated time. This can not be achieved unless you have prepared according to the test syllabus.
Step by Step Preparation for GRE
If you wish to prepare for the GRE well, then you must know the various phases involved and follow them sincerely. Let me explain it in steps, as follows:
- Do your homework well about the universities of your choice. Get all possible feedbacks from your friends or through the internet as to what are their GRE cut offs and minimum undergraduate GPA requirements. Shortlist a minimum of four to five such universities and always have a couple of universities in mind that can accommodate you if you do not get high GRE scores.
- Decide on the test center of your choice and the test date of
- Register as soon as possible and schedule your GRE appointment at the test center of your choice.
- Collect adequate study materials required for the preparation.
- Joining a preparatory course will help you with your GRE preparation.
- Prepare a study timetable giving equal time to every section of the GRE.
- Understand the exam pattern in great detail.
- Study all the concepts required for the examination.
- Enrich your knowledge of the English vocabulary.
- Solve as many practice questions as possible.
- Take as many mock tests as possible.
- Keep all the documents that will be required at the test center ready.
- Take adequate rest on the night prior to the actual test date.
- Just think of doing well on the day of the test and put in your best.
Go to page: Prepare For Gre - Page 1: How To Prepare For The Gre - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page