GRE Test Materials
Essentials of Good GRE Study Materials Available Online
Any competitive exam needs a thorough preparation. Good GRE test materials are required to study well for the test. There are different types of study materials available like books, software and online materials. Online GRE test materials are one of the most easily accessible and cheap study materials available. These online materials are available as free or paid services. Some of the websites offer a free trial period and after that you have to pay for their services. These materials alone can be used for the preparation or can be combined with other books and courses.
Good GRE test materials should,
- Talk about the test pattern clearly,
- Review each section type and question type,
- Have enough practice sections and
- Have full-length practice tests.
When a study material or book satisfies the above criteria, then it can be used for the preparation. Some of the study materials concentrate on one of the sections of the GRE. These books are very useful for those who want to improve their scores in a particular section. Some GRE test materials concentrate fully on practice tests. These practice tests prove very useful for preparation and sharpening your test taking skills.
Here we shall divide the GRE materials available online into 3 broad categories
- Materials which cover the whole of GRE.
- Materials that cover 1 or 2 sections.
- Materials exclusively with practice tests.
Materials Which Cover the Whole of GRE
- ETS GRE - http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare Free preparatory GRE test materials are available from the makers of the test themselves. Here practice materials are available for each of the section type and question type.
- Grad Mentor - http://gradmentor.placementor.com/free_gre_test_prep_material.htm This free GRE test material is downloadable. It consists of 1000 page E-book for those of you who are aspiring for a graduation, a GRE kit, a Vocabulary kit and an Articles Power kit. The GRE kit consists of an E-book and a GradMentor CD demo. An E-book, 100 words demo and a crossword is present in the Vocabulary kit. The Articles Power kit helps you to learn and become an expert in the usage of articles.
- Study Guide Zone - http://www.studyguidezone.com/pdfs/greteststudyguide.pdf This guides you on how to prepare for the GRE test with sample questions for all the question types. Though this does not teach you the concepts involved, it helps you in the learning process.Materials that Cover 1 or 2 Sections
- 800score.com - http://www.800score.com/gre-index.html This website offers free study material for the individual sections of the GRE test for preparation. Free practice essays are available online. There are 10 essay links. You can click on any one and start writing the essay. This is a timed test. The analysis of your essay will be e-mailed to you along with some other students’ essays. Within 72 hours, the feedback will be sent to you.
- Learnhub - http://gre.learnhub.com/ You can access free GRE resources and timed test papers at this website. Learnhub is a part of Educomp Solutions. They have education expertise and their GRE test materials are very good.Materials Exclusively with Practice Tests
- The Princeton Review - http://www.princetonreview.com/grad/free-gre-practice-test.aspx The Princeton Review offers one free GRE test. After the test a report on your performance with tips to increase your scores are also given.
- Jumbotests - http://gre.jumbotests.com/ This website has 52 test papers and 773 questions. These tests can be taken free of cost. It offers questions in different sections of the GRE. Average time taken and average scores are also given. This will help you to understand where you stand.
- Kaplan Test Prep - http://www.kaptest.com/GRE/Explore-the-GRE/gre-practice-test.html Free GRE tests are available at this site. You can register and take up the test. The test score with a detailed analysis of your performance and answer explanations are given.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page