GRE Test Locations
5 Essentials of GRE Test Locations
The GRE test is conducted in authorized test centers in over 160 countries worldwide. The test is available in computer-based and paper-based formats. When you register for the GRE test, you have to choose the country, location and the test center. With the availability of many GRE test locations, you may have confusion on how to choose the best test location/center. This article helps you know 5 essentials of GRE test locations that you must consider while making a choice.
1. Where to Find the Available GRE Test Locations?
Go the ETS website http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?test=gre to choose the location where you wish to take the GRE test. When you make your choice among the available GRE test locations, you will be able to check the test format and testing dates available for your choice. The GRE format you can take depends on the test location you choose.
2. How to Choose the GRE Test Locations?
You can select the GRE test location of your choice from the ETS website http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?test=gre. When you have to choose the test location while registering for the GRE test, ensure that you choose one of the best GRE test locations for you. The tips given in this article will help you in choosing one of the best testing locations.
3. Tips to Choose the Best GRE Test Locations
- Choose a Nearer Test Location Choose a test location which is near to your residing place. If you choose a location that is easy to reach from your place, you can elude the hassles of travelling to a distant test location. Moreover, you will be able to reach the test center in time and take the test in a relaxed mood. Hence, you can perform well in the test.
- Choose a Test Location based on the Test Format you Prefer Some of you may be comfortable with the computer-based test format, whereas others may prefer taking the paper-based format. Hence, choose a testing site out of the available GRE test locations that offers your preferred test format.
- Choose a Test Location based on the Test Date you Prefer The computer-based test is available all through the year in most regions around the world, and 1 to 2 times in certain areas. The paper-based format is offered 3 times in a year at locations where computer-based format is not available. Choose a test location where the test format and test date that you prefer is available.
4. Relation between GRE Registration Methods and GRE Test Locations
GRE registration can be done using four different methods: Online, Phone, Mail and Fax. Most of the GRE test locations allow registration through online, phone and mail methods. Some regions allow only online registration. GRE test locations outside the U.S allow fax registration in addition to the other three registration methods. To know more details about the different GRE registration methods available for the different test locations, you can refer to the ETS websites: http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/ and http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/pbt/.
5. Can I Change the Registered GRE Test Location?
ETS allows you to change the registered test location before the registration deadline date. In order to change the test location, you have to contact the GRE program or Regional Registration Center.
It is important that you choose a GRE testing location that is convenient and flexible for you. You must be aware of the procedures and regulations followed at the GRE test locations before taking the test. To know about the test location procedures and regulations, you can refer to the ETS website http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/test_day. Whatever may be your choice of the GRE test center, ensure that you prepare well if you want to get a better score. Moreover, make sure you carry all the required things with you to the test center on the day of your GRE test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page