Benefits of GRE Software
GRE software can act as an important aid to your test preparation. It is available for each section of the test. If you plan to take the optional subject test on GRE then you may use the preparation software for that subject. One should make full use of this software facility as it definitely helps you to increase your score. Here are some of the benefits of preparation software:
- Practice every section of the test in detail up to every question type.
- Adapt to the computer adaptive format of the final test.
- Control the pace of your study of every section as per your understanding.
- Save time by speeding up the sub sections which you find easy to tackle.
- Facility to replay the lessons makes it very useful for revision.
- Every concept is taught in depth with a number of examples.
- Use of audio-visuals makes it quite interesting to learn.
- Sample tests are provided for you to practice.
- Answers to the questions are given along with the explanations.
One can evaluate his performance and level of preparation using a software. After taking the practice tests provided by your software you will come to know about your progress and weak areas. Accordingly you can plan your further preparation and strategies to improve on your weak areas. After taking a number of practice tests provided by this software you will get used to the test format and on the actual test day you will be more confident.
GRE Powerprep Software
The GRE Powerprep software is provided by ETS for the preparation of GRE. You can download it for free from the official web site of ETS i.e. www.ets.org/gre. It is designed to help you get an overview of the exam. It provides you with introduction to every section and the types of questions that are asked based on that section. It also provides you with the sample questions based on every section. It includes two full length sample test papers with the answer keys. Some of the benefits of this software are summarized here:
- Gives you an overview of the complete exam.
- Introduction to every section and expected questions based on it.
- Every question type is explained followed by enough examples.
- A lot of practice questions are provided for you to practice.
- Provides you complete information about the test and how to prepare for it.
- Complete test format, the scoring procedure and the time management is explained.
- Test taking strategies are provided which are very helpful for tests like the GRE.
- If you are not familiar with the computer, it explains you the basic functions of keyboard and mouse.
- Lastly, it is free of cost!
You are strongly advised to make use of this software for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it is developed by the GRE organizers themselves. This gives it tremendous importance. You will get the latest information about the test in this software. The sample questions provided in the software are the actual questions taken from the previous exams. It gives you a feel of how your actual exam will look like. Once you practice this you will be at ease and more confident during your actual exam.
There is a lot of software available in the market. One can get exact feedback about this from the internet. Though it provides you with a lot of benefits, it has some drawbacks also. The sample test papers provided with the software are not accompanied with the explanations to the answers. Therefore, at times you may find it difficult to find out the rationale behind the correct answers. You are therefore advised not to depend solely on the Powerprep software. You should supplement it with the study guides or any other software.
Go to page: Free Online Software For Gre - Page 1: Gre Software - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page