Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
GRE SAMPLE QUESTIONS
GRE sample questions are a peep into the GRE test. Words cannot describe an object or a concept as well as a sample can. For example, if you are looking for a water heater in the market, initially you may not know what it looks like, how many and which models are available, how it works, etc. To gain clarification about such doubts, you prefer looking at a sample. You can have a look at a sample water heater before buying it and know its specifications. Thus, when you decide to buy it you know exactly what you are purchasing and how well it suits your needs. Similarly, GRE sample questions give you all the required information that you need to know about the GRE. Before you take the test, you will have certain doubts in your mind regarding the pattern of the test, the types of questions asked in it, the difficulty level of the questions, time required to complete the questions, and if you will be able to attempt the test or not. GRE sample questions help in removing these doubts and thus prepare you to take the test. GRE sample questions give you the feeling of reality and are a clue to the questions asked in GRE.
WHAT ARE GRE SAMPLE QUESTIONS?
GRE sample questions are questions similar to the actual GRE questions. You can attempt these GRE sample questions before you take the actual test in order to understand the requirements of the questions as well as the test. Although these questions tell you enough about the test, it is a mistake to expect exactly the same questions in the GRE. GRE sample questions are dummy questions that represent likeness to the real GRE questions.
Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
GRE sample questions are made similar to the real ones in terms of types of questions, pattern and style of the test etc. All efforts are made to introduce the same level of difficulty in GRE sample questions as is in the actual test. The content of GRE sample questions is the same as that of the real test and the skills required to solve these questions are also the same. The sole purpose of GRE sample questions is to give you practice and make you familiar with the test.
IMPORTANCE OF GRE SAMPLE QUESTIONS
The importance of GRE sample questions lies in its usefulness. Following are the points that contribute to the importance of GRE sample questions.
1. GRE sample questions are an introduction to the test. They make you familiar with the test by giving you an idea of its format, structure, time required to complete it, etc. You come to know the number and types of questions asked in the test through GRE sample questions.
2. GRE sample questions give you an opportunity to practice for the test during the preparatory time. It is a great means of revising your concepts. Practising from GRE sample questions reinforces your knowledge and fixes the concepts in your mind.
3. GRE sample questions can be taken as a tool for assessing your performance. When you solve GRE sample questions practically, you come across many difficulties that give you an opportunity to improve. Thus you can judge where you stand and get an insight into your performance.
4. GRE sample questions also help in motivating and encouraging you. It is extremely satisfying to know that whatever you have studied is useful. When you are able to solve the questions successfully, it motivates you to do better.
5. Attempting GRE sample questions helps in building up your confidence. You get an assurance of your capabilities and thus it helps in removing your insecurity.
TYPES OF GRE SAMPLE QUESTIONS
GRE sample questions are available section-wise and in complete test format. Along with GRE sample questions you are also given the answer explanations. These help you in keeping a check on your performance.
You can prepare from the section-wise GRE sample questions in order to achieve perfection in a particular section. Sample questions set in the format of a complete test can be helpful in the last few days to give you the idea of wholeness of the test.
GRE sample questions in this section are multiple-choice questions of three types, which are as follows.
1. Sentence Equivalence: In sentence equivalence questions, you are shown a sentence with a single blank and six answer choices. You are required to select two of the answer choices that best fit the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
For, example: Researchers have found that a cup of coffee and regular exercise helps to _______ skin cancer caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
f) avoidCorrect Answers: c and f
2. Text completion: In text completion question, you are provided with passages that are typically one to five sentences with one to three blanks and multiple choices per blank.
For example: Here's another reason why (1) __________ is a powerhouse that can transform your relationship: when you make an effort to step into another person's world, you, your partner, and the relationship reap the benefits. Potential conflicts are diffused, you have a better appreciation and your compassion sky rockets. Empathy is (2) ___________. When you're (3) ___________ and compassionate, sooner or later your partner, friend or business partner will follow suit and his/her empathic skills will start to shine.Blank 1:understanding, empathy Blank 2:contagious, transitional Blank 3:benevolent, understanding Correct Answer: empathy, contagious, understanding
3. Reading Comprehension: The reading comprehension questions are passage-based questions. You are given a passage followed by questions based on it. The question is followed by answer options out of which you are to pick out the correct answer after reading the passage carefully.
Go to page: Gre Sample Questions - Page 1 : Gre Sample Questions - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page