Cost of GRE
How Much Will Taking the GRE Cost You?
One thing you need to know about this test is that students can take it as many times as they need to but there are restrictions on how frequently a candidate can take this examination. You do not need to have certain qualifications and there is also no restriction on age to take this examination. You need to be aware that the scores of this test will be valid for a period of five years and almost all the colleges and universities accept this result. To make a good impression on the admission department, it is best if the result you have should not be older than two years. This is a computer-based test that can be taken all through the year in various locations worldwide. One thing you need to be aware of is that the registration for this test should be done in advance so that you will be able to secure a seat on a specific date. Obviously, you will want to know the cost of the test before you enrol for the examination. This will give you a clear idea as to how much money you will have to spend for taking this kind of examination.
Cost of Taking the GRE
Given below are some of the costs that are related to this test that you will have to pay, depending on your needs and requirements.
- The cost will actually depend on where you are living. If you are living in the United States, you will have to make a payment of $160 for the General Test and $140 for the Subject Test. Those who are living outside the U.S will have to pay $190 for the General Test and $160 for the Subject Test.
- In addition to the registration cost, you will find that there are other fees involved too and you may have to pay them. For instance, the cost for late registration (one week after the last date of registration) is $25.
- In case you have a problem taking the test on the date on which you have registered, you can always reschedule the test date. For this, you will have to pay an additional amount of $50. You will have to reschedule at least three days before the date of the original test date.
- If you think that the cost of the test will end once you take the examination, then you are mistaken because there are other costs that you may have to incur after the test. For instance, you are allowed to send your results to a maximum of four educational institutions for free but if you would like to send additional score reports, you will have to pay $23 per recipient.
- If you want to opt for a review service (question-and-answer), you will have to make a payment of $50 for the Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning sections. On the other hand, you will need to pay $55 for the Analytical Writing section.
- The first four ETS PPI or Personal Potential Index reports are free and if you need more, then you will have to pay $20 for each report.
Do Keep in Mind...
You can enrol for the test and make the payment for the registration cost directly from the official website (http://www.ets.org/gre/). For this, it is important for you to sign up for a GRE Account from this site for free. Once you have done this, you can easily select a test center, make payment for the enrolment cost and schedule your exam online through this account. It is not possible for you to pay by using cash, as you can only use a certified check, credit card or a debit card for making the payment. If you have any questions that you would like to ask about this test or the fees related to the same, you can directly contact your local test center for this purpose. Once you have registered for the test, you should then start to prepare for the same.