About GRE Exam
7 Things You Need to Know about GRE Exam
If you look for information about GRE exam, you will find that there are three main sections. The Analytical Writing is a section that will always occur first in the test. The other two main sections are the Quantitative Reasoning section and the Verbal Reasoning section, where there are two parts in each of these sections. You will also find the unscored section in this test and as the name suggests, this is the section that is not scored and as such, it does not contribute to the overall score of the GRE. An additional Research section may also appear in the test, which is also not scored.
Sections of GRE
To learn more about GRE exam, you need to know the sections of this test properly.
- Analytical Writing: In this section, you will be asked to write two essays and they will be the 'Argument Task' and the 'Issue Task'. The score of this section will range from 0 to 6 and the time given to you to write each essay is 30 minutes.
- Quantitative Reasoning: The two Quantitative Reasoning sections will test the mathematical knowledge of an individual. Each section of this test will last for 35 minutes and you will need to finish 20 questions within this time period.
- Verbal Reasoning: There are two Verbal Reasoning sections as well that will measure the ability of a person to use his vocabulary, reading comprehension skill and also to assess his critical reasoning skill. For each section, you need to complete 20 questions in 30 minutes.
- Unscored section: This is a section of the GRE that is not scored and it will not contribute to the final score of the exam. It can come in any order after the Analytical Writing section.
Research section: This is another unscored section that may come in the test and if it occurs, it will be the last section of the exam.
7 Things You Need to Know about GRE Exam
- To get a clear idea about GRE exam, you need to know that there are two types of tests involved: the Revised General Test and the Subject Test.
- When it comes to the General Test, you can opt for the computer-based test or the paper-based test. The former one is offered throughout the year while the latter one is offered few times a year. More information about this can be obtained by visiting the official website of the ETS at http://www.ets.org.
- One important thing you have to know about GRE exam is that it is a timed test. The complete test will last for a period of about three hours and forty-five minutes. You have to finish all the sections within the stipulated period of time.
- As the number of seats for the test is limited, it is best if you register for the examination beforehand so as to secure a seat for yourself.
- You can enrol for the test online as it is the easiest way to register for GRE. You can also register via mail, phone or fax.
- The lowest score an individual can obtain is 130 and the highest score is 170.
- The official scores of the GRE will be mailed in about 10 to 15 days after the date of the examination. You can view your scores online via your GRE account after it has been reported.
Simply finding out information about GRE exam is not enough if you wish to take this test because you also need to find out how you can prepare for this test in the best possible manner. This way, you will be able to get a good score. With many options available when it comes to preparing for the test, you will not have a problem looking for the right book or course to help you prepare for the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page