GMAT Prep Book
GMAT prep books that you cannot do without
In order to crack the GMAT, one needs to avail various media viz internet, GMAT prep book, mobile phone, group study, consultation with experienced people etc. But the most important mode of preparation is books. One can either buy GMAT prep books from book stores or can access them in the form of e-books.
GMAT prep books in print:
- The Official Guide for GMAT Review: This GMAT prep book is referred to by most of the GMAT aspirants. The book is available both in print as well as in an electronic form (CD is available for taking diagnostic tests and online simulated tests). It has been written by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council), published by John Wiley & Sons and is marketed by Wiley, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. The 12th edition of this book can be accessed through i-phone, i-pad and i-pod. This is the latest one and holds actual test questions from the GMAT exam. Besides, a grammar review, a math review and actual test essays are cited in this book. In addition, scoring information (how are scores calculated) and test center information (what are the characteristics of GMAT test centers) are mentioned in this GMAT prep book.
- Barron’s How to Prepare for the GMAT (13th edition): This GMAT prep book has been written by Eugene D. Jaffe & Stephen Hilbert. It includes diagnostic tests and practice tests from each section of the GMAT exam along with their answers and analysis. Every topic of the Verbal Ability section, Quantitative Ability section and the Analytical Writing Assessment section has been discussed in detail. The Verbal Ability section is the best. Besides, five full-length practice sets with their answers and analysis have been mentioned in the book. In addition, one can access the list of B-Schools that accept GMAT scores.
- Kaplan GMAT: Kaplan GMAT 2012 premier is one of the most referred books of Kaplan which is sold along with a CD which holds 5 full-length online practice tests, video sessions by Kaplan experts to teach lessons related to the sections of the GMAT test, advanced reasoning section, hundreds of difficult questions with full explanations along with advice to students regarding choosing a business school. Kaplan GMAT800 is an advanced book and is recommended for those who want to know more than what the general book of Kaplan for GMAT test offers.
- The Princeton Review book for GMAT: Cracking the GMAT which has been created and published by Princeton Review contains not only the previous question sets but also about 200 practice sets. Besides, this GMAT prep book includes proven strategies and techniques to crack the test. One can even go online for full length practice sets using the CD available with the book. The other books created by Princeton Review for GMAT test are The 1,012 GMAT Practice Questions (contains questions with their full explanations), The Verbal Workout for the GMAT (contains verbal ability section questions with full explanations), The Math Workout for the GMAT (contains quantitative ability section questions with full explanations), The Best 300 Business Schools, 2011 edition, etc.
- Manhattan Book for GMAT: This GMAT prep book contains 6 online full length practice tests and an online bank of questions.
- Peterson’s Logic and Reading Review for the GMAT:
As the name suggests, Peterson’s book is aimed at getting a tight grip on the verbal section of GMAT Exam.
GMAT prep book has an electronic avatar as well. With the advent of tablets, e-book readers and mobile phones with large displays and powerful processors, accessing and using e-books has become fun and easy. One can access GMAT prep books in an electronic form on i-phone, i-pad or i-pod of Apple by downloading MGMAT Flashcards App, GMAT Club App, and GMAT Toolkit App etc. This facility can be availed even on an Android phone. This has helped students significantly. One can delve into the following websites to access content of GMAT prep books online.http://www.princetonreview.com/business/gmat-test-preparation http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/GMAT-Prep http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-free-test-preparation-software.aspx http://gmatclub.com/marketplace/index.xhtml https://grockit.com/landing/india/gmat
One used to work to one’s bone in order to crack an exam. But with the introduction of GMAT prep books both in print and online, the task has become much easier. Nevertheless, one needs to do meticulous planning to choose the best ones and the search ends here.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page