GMAT Math Tips
The math section of the GMAT depends on arithmetic, algebra and basic concepts of geometry. It has two types of questions: Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency. Some of the GMAT math tips are listed below:
- The problem solving section is designed to test your knowledge of elementary math, therefore revise your concepts of math.
- Revise the elementary math formulae.
- Your reasoning ability is tested in this section therefore practice solving questions based on quantitative reasoning.
- Most of the problems can be solved using shortcuts. So learn them and do not hesitate to use them as often as possible.
- The difficulty level increases with every question solved correctly. Therefore solve initial easier questions quickly.
- Do not just calculate in your mind. Make adequate use of scratch paper for calculations and drawing diagrams.
- Always read the question deliberately. This way you will not commit obvious mistakes.
- Practice as much as possible. Success in the math section purely depends on how much practice you can do.
Tips for High GMAT Scores
Set pattern exams like the GMAT require a standardized approach. The GMAT is not a test of your memory but of how fast you can process the given information and find the correct answer. Therefore, GMAT tips for high scores will especially help you plan your study and achieve your dream score in the available time. There are many web sites that offer tips for high GMAT scores and one must make full use of them. The tips for high GMAT scores save your preparation time and they help you to attempt the question paper correctly. Following are some of the tips for high GMAT scores:
- Learn the exam pattern seriously. This way you will know what to expect.
- Prepare a study plan according to the time available with you and set a practical target before you.
- Get hold of adequate and correct study materials.
- If possible join a coaching institute or an online course.
- Study all the basic concepts required for each section of the exam.
- Practice all possible question types thoroughly.
- Collect sample test papers available online.
- Study regularly and solve enough sample questions on every section.
- Take mock tests to judge the level of your preparation. Take special efforts to improve upon your weaker areas.
- Do not study till the last minute before the exam.
- Take a good night sleep before the exam.
- Dress up suitably for the exam.
- Do not leave any answer choice blank.
Go to page: Gmat Verbal Tips - Page 1 : Gmat Math Tips - Page 2
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page