Details of Dates for Taking The GMAT
Choosing the Correct dates for GMAT .
Many GMAT aspirants do the mistake of not properly scheduling their test dates and end up scoring low. Scheduling test dates precisely as per your convenience and on some other factors will help you to plan well and score high. Scoring high can only be possible with meticulous planning both for your preparation as well as for other procedures like choosing the testing dates, selecting a centre, scheduling an appointment for taking the test. Hence, the test date plays a vital role in deciding your score too.
Details of Testing Dates
The dates for testing are those on which you can schedule your appointment for taking the test. You can schedule your appointment for taking the test by finding a centre that is closest to you. The testing is maintained and organized by Pearson VUE operating all across the world with more than 500 locations worldwide. You can locate the test centre from the official website of the GMAT and then plan scheduling your appointment. In the entire mentioned test centers above, the GMAT is administered round the year. You can choose to select the date that is convenient for you. But, there are some factors which need to be kept in mind before you schedule your test. The link given below will lead you to the page where you can find a test center that is nearest to you.http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a-gmat-appointment/find-a-test-center.aspx
How to choose a Test Date
Choosing a test date must be planned very well. You must do it all right on the day you think of taking the GMAT for pursuing your management studies. If you are working, then you must plan to take time off well before your test for preparing for the exam. You must not start your preparation just a month or two before your scheduled date because GMAT is a tough exam. You might have studied the concepts way back in your high school. So, brushing all them up and then practicing them to score high takes a good 3-4 month period.
Once you schedule your test, you would sometimes neglect or postpone starting your preparation for the exam. In this case, you prepare poorly by taking your nights out and score low. You might feel that you would have another chance to prove yourself but it would not be the case. When you apply for the business schools you are interested in, all your scores for the past five years would be sent to them. This results in showcasing a poor profile if you have low scores. Hence, planning well in ahead helps you stay confident and focused upon the exam. You must be dedicated and committed in order to score high.
Choosing Correct Test Dates
You can choose the correct test date by making a bit of analysis.
- Different business schools have different joining dates. So, very firstly, you have to shortlist the schools in which you aim to pursue your course.
- Then, you must check the joining dates of the schools of your interest. You will have to evidently schedule your test date so that the scores would be available before the joining dates of the schools you have shortlisted.
- This way, you can stay focused and plan your preparation well ahead.
- The test is offered to the candidates on a first come, first served basis. So, in order to get your choice of date booked, you must do it well ahead so that it will be available.
- The links given below help you with scheduling your test and also provide you information regarding the test dates.