Utility of GED Certification in Texas
If you are an adult and you were not able to get a high school diploma, then the GED is your chance to make up for that lost opportunity. If you take the GED and pass the exam, you will be awarded a certificate that will be accepted by colleges and employers, as proof that you have the same academic abilities as a person with a high school diploma. This article is for the residents of the State of Texas, and about why and how you can get a Texas GED certification.
What Is the Utility of Getting GED Certification in Texas?
- Not having a high school diploma can be a stumbling block in your path to higher education. A Texas GED can cover this gap in your education and help you fulfill your academic goals.
- You will have better job opportunities with a GED certification than without it. You will find that potential employers value you more, if you are better qualified.
- A GED certification can improve your self-confidence. It can help prove your worth to others and to yourself.
How Can You Get a GED Certification in Texas?
In order to get a Texas GED certification, you have to do the following, step-by-step:
1. Who is Eligible to Take a GED Exam in Texas?
In order to take a Texas GED, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of the State of Texas.
- You must not be a high school graduate.
- You must not be enrolled in a high school (an exception is made if you are enrolled in a school GED prep program).
- You must be above 18 years of age. (If you are 17 years of age, you can take the exam with permission from your parents. If you are 16 years old, you may take the test under a court order.
2. Prepare for the Exam:
You can attend classes to help you prepare for a Texas GED exam. The benefits of joining a class are many, such as better preparation, encouragement from the teachers and information about the Texas GED exam. You can use this link to locate GED prep classes in Texas: http://www.willread.org/ged-preparation-classes.html
If you do not have time for regular classes, you can take an online prep course such as the one offered at this link: http://www.gedforfree.com/. You could prepare for the GED on your own also, but most people find it easier to attend a prep course.
3. Find a Test Center and Take the GED Exam:
The GED exam is conducted in Texas at the official GED testing centers. You can find the Texas GED test center closest to your place of residence, by using the following link: http://www.GEDtest.org/locator.
You have to take the Texas GED exam at the test center itself. You are not permitted to take it online. Therefore, once you have selected the location, you should call or visit the test center personally. At the test center, you will be guided as to the procedure and the dates and timings of the GED exam.
4. Passing Score in the GED Exam:
The passing score is 2250 (sum total score of all the subjects) with a minimum score of 410 in each subject. If you are unable to pass the Texas GED exam, you are allowed to take the exam again. You may also retake the exam on the individual subjects of the GED. Your new score will replace your old score. The maximum number of test retakes allowed in a single year is three.
By making up your mind to take the GED exam and to pass it, you can change your life for the better. You can improve your opportunities in education, as well in finding employment, as the benefits of having a GED certification are manifold.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page