Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
Take the GED
When Is the Best Time to Take the GED?
Best Time to Take the GED
If you are wondering when the best time is to take the GED, then you will find that most candidates take this test before the colleges and universities start to take applications for admission. Different people many have different reasons to take this exam and if your sole purpose is to get into a college, you should enrol for the examination beforehand so that you will be able to get the result before the start of college admissions. Here are some of the factors you should consider before selecting the test date:
- The month during which most colleges will start to accept applications for admissions.
- How long it will take for you to prepare for the tests?
- Whether you have any prior commitments that will take up most of your time and distract you?
How to Register for GED?
- In order to take the GED, you should first have to find out the requirements that the state you are living in has stipulated for the candidates. There are some states that will allow you to take this test only when you are 18 years of age but there are also certain states in the U.S that specify you have to be at least 16 years of age to take this test.
- Find out what documents are required in order to enrol for this test. You will need passport-sized photographs, ID proof, address proof and the fee needed to take the GED.
- Do keep in mind that you have to visit the official testing center in other to register for the test. It is not possible for you to take the test online because GED is not offered online. Any website mentioning that you can earn your GED certificate online is not a genuine one.
- You can consider checking out the official GED website of the state where you are living in to find out whether or not you have the option to register for this test online. You may also be able to download the application form for the same from the official website of your state so that you can register and take the GED.
It is important that you are aware of all the subjects that will be tested when you decide to take the GED. There are five subjects that will be tested and these are Social Studies, Science, Mathematics, Language Arts: Reading and Language Arts: Writing. Make sure you study each and every subject well so that it will be possible for you to obtain a high score. Do keep in mind that it is important you score at least 410 in each of the tests and you also need to have a total score of at least 2250. To take the GED and getting a high score is not as difficult as many people make it seem. As long as you are willing to work hard, there is no reason why you will not be able to get a high total score. With so many options available to help you prepare for the tests, you will not have a hard time looking for the study materials. If you want to study at home, you can buy the books or online courses available that can help you take the GED and obtain a high score. Just make sure that you are setting aside enough time to study for the tests. Ideally, it is best if you have at least two to three months in advance to prepare yourself. You can also opt for coaching classes if you would like to study in a group.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page