Points To Be Considered By Candidates Taking The GED From Kansas
Steps for GED Certification in Kansas
This test, when passed declares that you have educational skills of a level equal to that of an American/Canadian high school student. You must satisfy the age, residency and other testing policies proposed by the testing administration in your state to take it there. This article discusses the steps involved in getting a certification:
1. Know about the GED Testing Policies
The first step that you must take is to know about the testing policies. This step is very important since the testing policies differ for different jurisdictions/states.
Kansas GED Testing Language Editions Available
- You can take the exam in English and Spanish languages. However, you are not required to take the ESL (English as a Second Language) test if you plan to take it in Spanish.
- The administration agrees to combine the scores of the tests taken in English and Spanish language editions.
Residency and Age Criteria
- You can take the test in Kansas even if you are not a resident of this state.
- The minimum age required for taking the test is 18 years. That is, you must have 18 years of school attendance. However, the minimum age limit of 16 years is permitted if you provide additional documentation. This means that you must be at least 16 years old to receive the credential. For further information contact the testing administrator's office (http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/admin.htm).
Kansas GED Testing Fee
- The fees required to take the official practice test ranges from $40 to $50.
- The fee for taking the full battery test is $85.
- The fees for taking a retest ranges from $75 to $85 based on the number of subject areas retaken.
Official GED Testing Centers in Kansas
You can take the test at 22 active official testing centers available in this jurisdiction. To know the list/contact details of the centers in this jurisdiction, check the following website: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm.
Kansas GED Testing Policies associated with Scores and Credential
- You can pass, only if you get a score of 420 in each of the individual subject areas of the test and a combined score of 2250 for the full test battery.
- You must get the required minimum score in the official practice test if you want to take the actual test. You must get a score of at least 450 in each subject area and an average score of 500 in the practice test.
- The title of the credential issued here is "Kansas State High School Diploma".
Kansas GED Retesting Policies
- It is not necessary to complete the full test battery and participate in a remediation before taking a retest.
- You need not wait for retaking a failed subject area of the test.
To know the testing policies in Kansas, you can refer to the official website (http://www2.acenet.edu/gedtest/policy/index.cfm?state=KS).
2. Know about the Subject Areas, Format and Question Types of the GED Test
It is necessary to be aware of the subject areas, format and question types. The FAQs and sample questions available in the ACE's official website (http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/prep/sample_questions.htm) can be referred to for this.
3. Prepare for the Kansas GED Test Effectively
- You can prepare for the test yourself using the books, study materials and practice tests available from the testing service, Kentucky Educational Television (KET), Steck-Vaughn and Paxen Learning.
- You can also prepare for the test using professional guidance from a local adult educational center.
4. Take the Kansas GED Test
- The final step is to take the test at an official testing center. Search for a testing center in Kansas using by clicking on the following link: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm
- You can request for testing accommodations in case you have physical/mental disabilities.
5. After the Kansas GED Test
You must interpret your scores after taking the test, based on which you can request your transcript copy or re-take one or more subject areas of the test in case you do not get the minimum passing score.
The steps listed above should help you to get your credential. If you need more details, you can visit the official website.