GED Test Results
What all is Declared in the GED Test Results
For anyone who is new to them, the GED test results can be the most confusing aspect of the GED tests but, if you are aiming to take the tests and procure a GED certification, you have to understand how what you answer in GED gets converted to the score given to you. Let's use a systematic procedure to unravel the details of the GED test results.
The GED tests....
GED test is not a single test but a combination of five different tests. The five tests aim to measure the ability and intellect of individuals to prove that their knowledge is equivalent to the knowledge that any high school student in the USA might have. In other words, if a person, who, for any particular reason, has not graduated from high school in the US, wants an alternative degree that holds equal value as a US high school degree then; he/she can take the GED tests. On passing GED, he/she will get a diploma which will correspond to the qualifications of any other high school student from the USA. GED test results are the scores of each of its five tests and also a diploma stating that the person qualifies General Educational Development standards of the USA.
GED is a global test with local standards....
GED is conducted in many formats and under various rules. Every state in the US has a different expectation from individuals taking the GED tests and therefore has different cut-off scores for them. Every student has to remember to check the state- wise or territory- wise minimum cut off scores before taking the tests and expecting a diploma. The diploma of GED is given only to those individuals who have passed all the five GED tests and is awarded under the rules of the different states. There is no doubt an expected minimum average score for GED, which is universal and has been discussed in the points that follow.
The GED Test Results....
GED test results can be discussed under a few categories. These pointers will help you understand them:
- There are five GED tests namely Language Arts/Reading, Language Arts/ Writing, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics.
- The different test scores are expressed in averages as well as percentiles.
- The average scores are derived by taking the test scores of all the test-takers and arriving at a comparative average.
- GED average scores for all the five tests have to be a minimum of 450.
- The sectional or test-wise minimum average is 410. This means that you have to get a minimum score of 410 in each test but that does not necessarily mean that you have passed the GED.
- GED test results have a total average of 2250. This means that the total of all the different test-wise scores should be 2250 or more. Thus, the score requirements are dual. You may have passed the individual tests but you still do not qualify as pass for GED unless you score the minimum total average score of 2250.
- These are not simple numbers because it is not a simple test. You have to aim to exceed the minimum cut-offs in each of the five tests to get a good total score that exceeds 2250.
- This expression of average scores is not the only form of your GED test results. They are also expressed in percentiles.
- Percentiles are numbers expressed in a percentage value. Percentiles are a mathematical way to express numbers, in comparison, on a scale of 100.
- In simple terms, the percentile rank of a candidate denotes the percentage of candidates who have scored lower than him or her. For example, if you score a percentile of 69 it means that you have attained a better score than 69% of the candidates and the remaining 31% have got a better score than yours.
A lot of statistical calculation goes into each of the averages as well as percentile scores given in the GED test results. The results are sent to candidate regardless of their pass or fail status along with copies of their individual tests. Candidates should visit the GED website www.acenet.edu to get a detailed idea about GED test results because; a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page