GED Prep Classes
7 Essentials of GED Classes
There are not many people who can take the GED exam and pass it without some preparation. Taking GED prep classes is one of the best ways to learn what you need to know for the GED exam. Local colleges, churches and social organizations conduct classes for adult education, including GED prep. The good GED prep classes take care of the general needs of the student, and are also able to address the particular problems that a student may have. Not all GED prep classes, however, will be able to fulfill your requirements. This article will tell you about what differentiates a good GED class from a not-so-good one, and will review some of the best GED prep classes.
Seven Essentials of GED Prep Classes:
- One of the essential features of the curriculum is that it should cover all the subjects of the GED exam. The course should include classes on English reading and writing, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- The course should include a sufficient number of practice tests. These tests should be scored and the results communicated to the students, along with suggestions for improvement.
- The GED prep classes on each subject should begin with the fundamentals of that subject. The instructors should move on to the advanced prep only when the students have mastered the basics.
- Tips and strategies for taking the GED exam should be offered as a part of the GED prep classes.
- The scheduling of the GED prep classes should be done considering that the courses are usually meant for adults. Weekend and evening classes should be offered, as well as regular weekday sessions.
- The instructors should be competent and qualified. They must be able to clarify doubts and help the students through difficulties.
- The course must be affordable. The people who want to take the GED exam are usually adults who missed the opportunity to obtain their high school diplomas. Many of them want to take the GED in order to improve their chances of finding meaningful employment. The prep courses should be priced, keeping this in mind.
Review of Some Prep Classes for the GED Exam:
1. CUNY Adult Literacy/GED Program in New York:
The CUNY GED program consists of classes offered to those who wish to prepare for the GED exam. The instructors are qualified and are dedicated to their work. The class size is small, about 15 students per instructor. This allows for individual attention to each student by the teacher. The CUNY program instructors expect a high level of commitment from the students towards the course. You will be expected to attend the classes with regularity. Assignments must be completed and submitted on time. You can find these GED prep classes at the following link: http://literacy.cuny.edu/.
2. Clark College:
These GED prep classes are conducted multiple times in the day. You have to go to the venue and register personally for the classes. The minimum age requirement is 16 years. You are required to bring photo identification at the time of registration. Child care facilities are not offered and so you are not allowed to bring children with you. The fee charged is $25 per quarter. Clark College considers requests for financial help. The course also features accommodations for those with a disability. You can enquire about further details at the following number: (360) 992-2741, or use the following link: http://www.clark.edu/academics/basic_education/abe_ged/index.php.
3. GED Academy:
This is an online GED prep course that you will find useful, if you are finding it difficult to attend regular classroom sessions. The course begins at the basic level of the GED subjects. Practice tests are a part of the course and will help you to assess your progress. If you have a computer and an internet connection, then you can easily access these online classes. The link you can use to find out more is: http://www.passged.com.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page