GED Prep Book
5 Essentials of a GED Prep Book
You can prepare for the GED test either through self-study or professional guidance. Whatever may be your choice, the quality of GED preparation books and study materials that you use can help you in making an effective preparation, thus resulting in getting better scores in the test. The right GED prep book can definitely help in increasing your confidence level for taking the GED test. A good GED prep book must have the following 5 essentials:
1. Content of GED Book
A good GED prep book must include contents related to the subject areas of the GED test. Some GED books may cover all the subject areas of the test so that the book serves as a comprehensive guide for GED preparation. Some books may teach only a specific subject of the test. Some other books may also include practice tests and sample questions.
The GED study guide, practice materials, workbooks and practice tests from the ACE GED Testing Service, Steck-Vaughn, Kentucky Educational Television (KET), and Paxen Learning Corporation are the best preparation materials available for GED. The Complete GED Preparation from Steck Vaughn will be very useful if you want a thorough preparation for all areas of the test. The following GED prep books can also be considered:
- Complete GED Preparation Complete GED Preparation is a comprehensive GED book including lessons for all the five topic areas of the test, and two practice tests. It also teaches how to improve the skills required for taking GED. The contents of the book are easy to read and understand.
- GED Smart GED Smart is an effective book covering the most important topics of the GED test. The book also teaches strategies and tactics for effectively solving problems and answering questions. The book is available as a hard copy as well as in e-versions.
- Kaplan's GED Kaplan's GED is a complete self-study guide for the GED preparation, covering most of the GED subject areas required to pass the test. The book emphasizes more on developing your critical thinking skills.
- McGraw-Hill's GED McGraw-Hill's GED is a comprehensive book available for making effective preparation for the GED test. The book includes lessons on all the five GED subject areas using clear and easy-to-follow instructions. The practice questions and tests available in this book are in the format same as that in the official GED test. The book can definitely improve your confidence level to score well in the GED.
2. Sample Questions and Practice Tests
A good GED prep book must include sample questions and practice materials at the end of each chapter, so as to help you understand each chapter more effectively. It is also better if the book includes practice tests in formats similar to that of the actual GED test.
3. Accuracy and Reliability of the Book Contents
A GED prep book will be good and effective for the test preparation only if the contents of the book are accurate, reliable, sufficient and genuine. The contents must not have any spelling or grammar errors.
A good GED prep book must make use of limited complex words and jargons. It is better if the book uses simple to complex vocabulary. A good book must explain all the terms properly. The book must be easy to read and understand.
5. Print and Paper Quality of the Book
The print quality of the contents of GED books or e-books must be good without any typing errors. The printing size must not be too small/big so that the contents are easily readable. The paper quality of the books must also be good.
In order to prepare for the GED test, you should use only a good GED prep book. You can buy the books easily from the local book store or online shops. You can even get these from your friends or relatives who have successfully completed the GED test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page