Points To Remember While Taking The GED From New Jersey
GED Certification Process in NJ
This examination is held in New Jersey by the ACE in collaboration with the State Department of Education. If you are a resident of New Jersey and wish to get a high school diploma, but cannot do so due to personal or age constraints then you can consider appearing for this test. This is similar to those held in other states, but the eligibility criteria are different. Hence, before you start preparing for the examination you should know about the various features of the test, which are discussed in the following sections.
Eligibility Criteria for GED in NJ
Different states in the USA have different requirements. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- You need to be a resident of New Jersey in order to appear for the test.
- You need to be at least 16 years old in order to take the test. However, parental consent is required if you are 16 or 17 years old. Older candidates do not require any such permission.
- You should not be enrolled in a high school.
- You should not already have a high school diploma.
If you fulfill all the afore-mentioned criteria then you are eligible to take the examination. However, before you appear for the test, there are certain other features that you should know and they are as follows:
- You can take the test in either English or Spanish. However, if you appear for the examination in Spanish then you will have to appear for separate English as Second Language (ESL) examination.
- Unlike other states the scores are valid only up to the release of the next series of examination.
- If you need to take a retest then you will have to take the entire examination again along with the section that you did not pass in.
- However, you don't have to wait to appear for a retest and the time gap between the test and re-test depends entirely on you.
The afore-mentioned list outlines the common questions that candidates appearing for this assessment have. This list will give you a better idea of the various features of the examination. Once you understand the requirements of the test you will have to register for the examination. The registration procedure is discussed in the following section.
Register for GED in NJ
New Jersey has 32 active test centers. In order to register for the examination, you must visit your nearest test center. To find the testing center that is convenient to you click on the following link:http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm
When you go to register for the examination ensure that you are carrying an address and identity proof. You will also need an age proof because if your age is 16 or 17 years then you will be required to produce a parental permission to appear for the examination. In order to register, you will have to pay registration fees of $50. If you require taking retests then you will have to pay $10 for each section of the examination.
But before you consider taking a retest you should know the pass marks. You will have to score 2250 in the entire examination and you will have to get at least 410 in each section. However, if you get 410 in each section then the total marks you will receive is 2050. Hence, you must score more than 410 in at least one section in order to pass. Thus, once you have decided to take the test then you must prepare well for the test. Some preparatory means that you can consider are discussed in the following section.
Prepare for GED in NJ
The title of the test is NJ State Issued High School Diploma and it is accepted by most colleges in the state as a proof of your educational qualifications. However, you should prepare well for the test in order to pass the examination. You could consider taking an online preparatory course.
You could also follow it on TV by the New Jersey Network. You could also take the online test available on the ACE website. But you should select the preparatory means that meets most of your requirements. So select a method and start preparing for the examination since proper preparation alone will ensure good results in the test.