Points To Remember While Taking The GED From Maryland
Importance of GED for those in Maryland
Testing policies are different for each jurisdiction/state. If you are willing to take the test in Maryland, you must definitely meet the testing policies postulated by the Maryland testing administration. This article provides useful information for those who want to take the test:
GED Maryland Testing Policies
GED Test Language Editions offered in Maryland
- You are allowed to take it in English, French and Spanish languages. However, you need not take the ESL (English as a Second Language) test if you are taking the test in Spanish or French.
- The administration permits you to combine the scores of the English, French and Spanish language editions.
GED Testing Policies related to Residency and Age Criteria
- You must be a resident of Maryland for at least 3 months when you take the test.
- The minimum age requirement for taking the test (without exceptions / requiring additional documentations) is 16 years. This means that you must be 16 years old to receive the credential and you must have 16 years of school attendance to take the test in Maryland.
GED Maryland Testing Fee
- The fees required is $45 for the full battery. The test fee must be submitted along with the application as check/money order that should be payable to the testing office in Maryland.
- The fee for taking a retest is $45 for the complete battery irrespective of the number of subject areas taken.
Official GED Testing Centers in Maryland
Since the test is not available online, you can take it only at 23 official testing centers. You can get the list and contact details of Maryland testing centers using the testing center locater through the following website: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm.
GED Maryland Testing Policies related to Scores and Credential
- The minimum score requirement for passing is 410 for individual subject areas of the test and 2250 for the full test battery.
- To receive the credential, you must have a score that is equal to or greater than the minimum passing score requirements of the testing administration.
- The title of the certificate offered in Maryland is "Maryland High School Diploma".
GED Maryland Retesting Policies
- It is not compulsory to complete the whole test battery before taking a retest. Also, you need not participate in a remediation before taking the retest.
- You might have to wait for 2 months to take a retest in case you have failed in one or more content areas.
How to Prepare for the GED Maryland
You can find study materials in the form of books, online materials, workbooks, practice tests and videos at the official website of the testing service. You can also use the approved study materials available at the websites of the training and testing services: Steck-Vaughn, Kentucky Educational Television (KET) and Paxen Learning. Professional guidance from a local educational center in Maryland is also recommended for making the preparations. Search for a Maryland educational center that is near your locality using the America's Literacy Directory of NIFL.
If you plan to take the test, you must be aware of the testing policies that are unique for this city. The above-listed testing policies are the most requested information related to the test. To know further details regarding the testing policies, you can refer to the website http://www2.acenet.edu/gedtest/policy/index.cfm?state=MD, or contact the administrator's office of your jurisdiction (http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/admin.htm).
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page