GED in Maryland
Importance of GED for those in Maryland
GED (General Educational Development) testing policies are different for each jurisdiction/state. If you are willing to take GED in Maryland, you must definitely meet the GED testing policies postulated by the Maryland GED Testing Administration. This article provides useful information for those who want to take the GED test in Maryland:
GED Maryland Testing Policies
GED Test Language Editions offered in Maryland
- You are allowed to take the GED in Maryland in English, French and Spanish languages. However, you need not take the ESL (English as a Second Language) test if you are taking the GED test in Spanish or French.
- The Maryland GED Testing Administration permits you to combine the scores of the English, French and Spanish language editions of the GED test.
GED Testing Policies related to Residency and Age Criteria
- You must be a resident of Maryland for at least 3 months when you take the GED in Maryland.
- The minimum age requirement for taking the GED Maryland test (without exceptions/ requiring additional documentations) is 16 years. This means that you must be 16 years old to receive the GED credential and you must have 16 years of school attendance to take the test in Maryland.
GED Maryland Testing Fee
- The fees required to take GED in Maryland is $45 for the full battery. The test fee must be submitted along with the GED application as check/money order that should be payable to the GED Testing Office in Maryland.
- The fee for taking a retest is $45 for the complete battery irrespective of the number of subject areas taken.
Official GED Testing Centers in Maryland
Since the GED test is not available online, you can take the GED in Maryland only at 23 official GED testing centers. You can get the list and contact details of Maryland GED testing centers using the ACE GED Testing center locator website http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm.
GED Maryland Testing Policies related to Scores and Credential
- The minimum score requirement for passing the GED in Maryland is 410 for individual subject areas of the test, and 2250 for the full test battery.
- To receive a GED credential, you must have a GED score that is equal to or greater than the minimum passing score requirements of the Maryland GED Testing Administration.
- The title of the GED credential offered in Maryland is "Maryland High School Diploma".
GED Maryland Retesting Policies
- It is not compulsory to complete the whole GED test battery before taking a retest. Also, you need not participate in a remediation before taking the retest.
- You might have to wait for 2 months to take a retest in case you have failed in one or more content areas of the GED.
How to Prepare for the GED Maryland
You can find GED study materials in the form of books, online materials, workbooks, practice tests and videos at the official website of ACE GED Testing Service. You can also use the ACE approved GED study materials available at the websites of the GED training and testing services: Steck-Vaughn, Kentucky Educational Television (KET) and Paxen Learning. Professional guidance from a local educational center in Maryland is also recommended for making the GED test preparations. Search for a Maryland educational center that is near your locality using the America's Literacy Directory of NIFL.
If you plan to take the GED in Maryland, you must be aware of the testing policies that are unique for this city. The above-listed testing policies are the most requested information related to GED Maryland. To know further details regarding the GED testing policies in Maryland, you can refer to the website http://www2.acenet.edu/gedtest/policy/index.cfm?state=MD, or contact the GED Testing Administrator's Office of your jurisdiction (http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/admin.htm).
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page