GED in Arizona
Steps for GED Certification in Arizona
The GED examination is held by the ACE in collaboration with the education department of each state. Thus, the requirements for the examination differ depending on which state you are appearing for the test. The registration fees also differ from testing center to testing center. Hence, before you appear for the GED in Arizona you should know about its eligibility criteria and other features of the test. The examination is discussed at length in the following sections.
Eligibility Criteria for GED in Arizona
Residential proof is not necessary if you wish to take GED in Arizona. However, when you go to register for the test you should carry an identity proof. Some other requirements for this test are as follows:
- You need to be at least 18 years of age if you want to appear for GED in Arizona.
- You can appear for the test if your age is from 16 to 18 but you will need to produce permission from your parents or legal guardian, allowing you to appear for the examination.
- You should have a certificate showing that you have legally withdrawn from the school you last attended.
- You should not already have a high school diploma.
If you fulfill all these requirements then you can appear for GED in Arizona. However, before you register for the test you should know about some other features of the test and they are discussed in the following section.
Features of GED Arizona
Proper knowledge of an examination is essential before you register for it. The GED in Arizona is no different, so some more features of it are as follows:
- The minimum fee for GED in Arizona is $60 and the maximum fee for the test is $100.
- You can register for GED in Arizona by visiting your local GED testing center. If you want to know the location of it then click on the following link and follow the instructions given on the web page: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm
- You can appear for the test in English, French or Spanish. Moreover, you do not have to appear for an ESL (English as Second Language) test if you appear for the examination in French or Spanish.
- If you fail in any section of GED in Arizona then you will have to take the entire examination again.
- There is a waiting period of 30 days if you have to take a retest. However, you don't have to take any remedial classes before the retest.
- When you go for registration ensure that you are carrying a valid photo identity.
The certificate that you will be awarded on passing GED in Arizona is 'Arizona High School Equivalency Diploma' which you will only receive if you get a total of 2250 as your GED score. Your GED score will be valid till the following series of examination. Thus, once you have understood the examination you should register for it. If you need more information about the test click on the following link:http://www2.acenet.edu/gedtest/policy/index.cfm?state=AZ
Once you have registered for GED in Arizona you should start preparing for the examination. The examination is same in all states of the USA, however the preparatory methods offered by the education department of each state is different. Some preparatory methods for GED in Arizona are discussed in the following section.
Prepare for GED in Arizona
Preparation is of paramount importance if you wish to pass the GED examination and GED in Arizona is no different. The Arizona Department of Education (http://www.azed.gov/adult-ed-ged/general-ed-development/) holds GED preparation courses which you can consider enrolling in. They provide holistic support to candidates appearing for GED in Arizona.
You can also take the preparatory classes offered by Rio Salado College. They offer authentic preparatory course. They offer both classroom as well as online sessions. You could check out the courses offered by them by clicking on the following link: http://www.riosalado.edu/programs/abe/Pages/ged.aspx Since the preparatory course is offered by a college, you can be assured that it will be an authentic one.
Other than these you can also prepare for the test on your own. You could purchase good GED preparatory materials and start preparing for the test. Thus, select the preparatory method that best suits your purpose and start preparing, since proper preparation alone will ensure a good GED score.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page