Steps for GED Certification in Hawaii
GED in Hawaii
If you have not completed your high school but you wish to obtain a certification that is equivalent to the high school diploma, you can consider taking the GED Hawaii. The eligibility criteria for taking this examination vary from state to state and in Hawaii, the candidate has to be at least 16 years of age. You can always pay a visit to the Hawaii State Department of Education to find out more about this exam and also to find out how you can study for the test in the best possible way. This is also the place where you should go to if you wish to take this examination. If you are looking for GED preparation programs, the Hawaii State Department of Education will refer you to few universities and colleges that are offering this kind of program.
Steps for GED Registration in Hawaii
- Unlike other states, you are not required to be a resident of this state if you wish to take the GED Hawaii.
- The minimum age that the candidate must be at the time of taking this test is 18 years, without any documentation. If you have relevant documents, then you can take this exam at the age of 16 years.
- You will be required to wait for a certain period of time before taking the GED Hawaii test. The period of waiting will depend on the schedule of the testing center that you go to.
- If you wish to register for the exam, you have to visit a Hawaii community school for grown-ups. To find out more about this kind of school, you can visit the website of the Department of Education of Hawaii (http://doe.k12.hi.us/). Alternatively, you can also check out the website of ACE (http://www.acenet.edu/AM/Template.cfm?Section=GED_TS&CFID=6510608&CFTOKEN=aab53c1cae639c43-EB9D3305-956C-C3FB-ACC968A85EFF1373&jsessionid=163093528a2b$D3$B6k$) and locate a test center there.
- You can get the GED Hawaii registration form from the testing center, which you will have to fill up and submit back to the center along with the relevant documents and the test fee.
Do I Need Help for GED Hawaii?
This is a question many people have on their minds. Whether or not you should take help to prepare for this examination is something that only you can decide. You will find that there are many courses available that are designed especially to help GED Hawaii candidates study for all the five tests involved. These courses contain tips and advice on how you can get a high score along with practice tests. You also have the option to register with the local community school for a prep class. It is also possible for you to obtain information by visiting a website (http://www.onlinegedpracticetests.com) where you can practice online. The website of ACE (www.acenet.edu) also has a practice test that you can refer to.
Do Keep in Mind...
Not everyone can pass this exam in the first attempt. There are many who fail and they generally opt for a retest on the subjects that they did not score well in. In order to appear for a retest, if you have failed in one or more test subjects, you will have to complete the entire GED Hawaii test at first. It is not necessary for you to attend classes before a retest but you will have to pay a certain amount of money as fee. You can always get in touch with the adult community school that you went to take your examination for more information on retesting. Make sure that you spend a lot of time preparing yourself for the GED Hawaii test again. You should not make the mistakes you had made earlier and focus on getting high scores in the subject(s).
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page