Like this Page
CLICK this button to recommend this page to Google.
Steps for GED Certification in Florida
GED was started in 1942 in an attempt to support the soldiers of World War II and allow them to pursue their education by attending college and university. The GED credential is considered equivalent to a high school program. By taking this test, the GED applicants get an opportunity to demonstrate their skills and competence corresponding to that of a high school course. The credentials of GED are given to the participants of all the 50 states in US. GED consists of a series of tests that are conducted on the following subjects:
- Social Studies
- Language Arts Reading
- Language Arts Writing ( includes essay )
The students have to take GED in the official test centers as this examination is not available online. GED is conducted by states and jurisdictions, which implies that there are separate rules for each state as far as taking GED is concerned. The GED credential such as diploma or certificate varies by state.
GED Certification in Florida
In the state of Florida, taking GED allows the participants to earn a State of Florida High School Diploma. Let us consider the following steps that will help the students to earn a GED certification:
- GED Florida can be taken by those students who are 18 years of age or above. However, age waiver for GED Florida is offered by local school board. The GED aspirants should contact the Chief Examiner to get information about how the test can be taken by them if they are below 18 years of age. The eligibility requirements keep changing from schools to districts.
- The students must furnish a copy of their residence proof for taking GED. With respect to GED Florida, those students who have not been able to complete their graduation are eligible to take the test.
- As far as GED Florida is concerned, the students have to take the series of five tests all of which contain multiple–choice questions except the essays and alternate format questions.
- The duration of GED is 7 hours or more due to which a few test centers in Florida administer the test over a period of three days.
- The scoring system of GED Florida is similar to other states. The score of each section ranges from 200 to 800 and later converted into a percentile rank of 1 to 99. The passing marks for GED Florida are 2250.
- The students of Florida can take adequate preparations for taking this test. There are several online courses and official test prep materials that will help them to prepare for the test.
- It is necessary to contact the officials of GED testing center in Florida or the students can also take help of the online tools from official website and try to find the nearest testing center.
- Those students who have taken GED in Florida can ask for the State of Florida High School Diploma by putting a written request and a payment of $6. The transcripts are mailed to them within 7-10 days of the receipt of the request.
By taking GED in the state of Florida, the students who have dropped out of high school, get an opportunity to earn a credential that puts them at par with regular high school students. The diploma that they earn at the end of the five test series is accepted by colleges and employers in a similar way as that of the regular high school certificates.
GED Florida paves the way for new career opportunities for those students who have left high school and helps them to realize their academic goals.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page