Features Of GED Preparatory Classes
How Do GED Classes Help
The test will be useful to you if you were unable to obtain a high school diploma. It will open the door to further education and improve your chances of finding meaningful employment. It will also boost your self esteem and increase your confidence in every day situations. There are those who have prepared successfully for the test on their own, but most people find that taking classes is a better option.
How Do GED Classes Help?
- If you take classes, you will know what exactly you need to study. You can avoid wasting your preparation time on those things that are unnecessary.
- You will be taught the fundamentals of each subject. This will make it easier for you to proceed to more advanced preparation.
- The classes will force you to adjust your schedule. You are more likely to make time to prepare for the test if you are attending regular classes, than if you are preparing on your own.
- The instructors can be a source of encouragement to you. When you hear about others who have taken the same course and done well, you will be able to develop a positive attitude towards your own preparation.
- They generally provide a sufficient number of practice tests. These tests can build your confidence. By assessing your performance in the mock tests, the instructors will be able tell you when you are ready to take the actual test.
- You will also get accustomed to taking classes on a regular basis. If you have been out of touch with academics for a long time, it can accustom you to a classroom environment. This will be useful if you wish to pursue further studies.
Review of Classes for GED Preparation:
1. Montgomery College:
Montgomery College in Maryland provides classes for those above 16 years of age. The other criteria are that you should not be enrolled in any high school at the time of registering for the classes; and you must be a resident of Montgomery County. Montgomery College conducts three levels of classes for adults. These are 'Adult Basic Education', 'Pre-GED' and 'GED'. You will have to take tests before it can be determined which class you should attend.
Montgomery College also conducts a practice test. You do not have to be enrolled in the classes to take this test. It is meant for those people who have been preparing for the exam and wants to find out whether they are ready for the test or not. If you take the practice test, the instructors will also give you more information about the actual test and tips to help you pass. The link you can use to access these classes is as follows: http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/wdce/aelg/ged.htm
2. Northampton Community College:
The Northampton Community College conducts classes for those who are planning to take the test. The classes cover the subjects of the test, that is, Language arts (Reading and Writing), Social Studies, Science and Mathematics. The classes include practice tests. The instructors also give you important information about the actual test, such as how you can take the test, the dates of the test and the test centers. To find out about how to register for the classes, use the following link: http://www.northampton.edu/Community-Programs/Adult-Literacy/Types-of-Classes/GED-Test-Preparation.htm
3. GED Academy:
It offers classes through online. This is a good option for you if you are unable to attend classroom sessions and you have access to a computer and an internet connection. This course is designed to teach you all you need to know about the test and its subjects. The sessions help you to grasp the fundamentals of each subject, so that learning the course material becomes easy. The course includes practice tests to help you monitor your progress. The website is as follows: www.passged.com
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page