Rules to be Followed at a GED Test Centre
Introduction to GED Center
GED has very strict norms and policies, which are adhered to at the GED center. GED has over 3,400 official testing centers in the U.S. and Canada. It is mandatory that GED must be taken in person in any of the authorized GED test centers. GED cannot be taken online. Only once you are prepared to take the GED, you need to locate a GED center at the official website of GED. You can do that quite simply by using the Test Center Locator at the website. Note: All GED centers follow their respective GED Jurisdictional Testing Policies. Visit the following site to choose your center and read about their test regulations at: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm
Common Test Regulations at Most GED Testing Centers
Although there are some unique specifications at local jurisdictions that are followed, at different GED centers, there are some common specifications that are made to ensure fair and favorable conditions of testing for all.
If a candidate violates any of their security regulations, it may lead to him/her being disqualified from the exam altogether. All testing centers for GED may not be through Prometric; however, in case of a Prometric testing center, the center will reserve the right to record any of the examinations (both audio and video) at any GED center.
Let's look at the regulations at the test centers:
- Reference Material: Test takers are not allowed to carry anything for reference for the test. This includes books, papers, study materials, dictionaries etc. If any candidate is caught with any of the above references, he/she will not be allowed to continue to take the test; additionally the test will go unscored.
- Scratch Paper: The GED center administration will provide you with a scratch paper and a pencil. This is to be used to take down notes or do calculations. At the end of the test, these items will be collected back.
- Food and Beverages: Candidates are not allowed to have anything to eat or drink during the GED test. Consumption of tobacco is prohibited inside the GED center.
- Visitors: No visitors (family, relatives, or friends) are allowed at the GED center.
- Signature: The candidates will be requested to sign in before the test as well as sign out after the test.
- Personal Belongings: The test center will not be held responsible for any belongings of the candidate that are left behind at the GED center. It is best if personal belongings are not bought into the test center. Wallets or keys and other such pocket items must not be fiddled with during the examination. Also things such as briefcases or purses are not permitted inside the test center.
- Electronic Items: No cell phones, pagers, cameras, beepers, stereos, radios or watch calculators are permitted inside the test center.
- Misconduct with Security: Any kind of security breaches or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Candidates who adhere to such behavior will be disqualified and dismissed. Fees will be forfeited and scores will not be released. Furthermore, they may not be allowed to register for the test any longer. Misconduct includes:
- Taking GED while portraying to be someone else
- Causing disturbances
- Adhering to unauthorized help
- Any kind of tampering with the computer
- Trying to take questions from the testing room
These rules and regulations may seem a bit tedious to read, but are quite simple. It is best to follow them as closely as you can and have a successful testing period.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page